Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

I have genuinely been taught that Australia is not a continent, that actually it's part of Oceania (or Australasia). Never once has anybody said to me "New Zealand, that country that's part of the continent of Australia."

Don't blame Eddie, blame education. <_<

Yeah, I was taught that too. From books and everything.

Me too. I have heard of Australia referred to as a continent before but I just assumed it was people being dumb and not knowing the difference between Australasia and Australia, evidently it was my education that was wrong.

So what continent is New Zealand on?

Edit: Meacon, Antarctica isn't a country, there are no countries in Antarctica.

New Zealand is being towed to South America. By 2023 it will lie off the coast of Peru.

• Like 1

Of course they are. That's pretty much the nature of everything these days. Everything's gotta be analyzed and put under a microscope.

You're just annoyed that Zack Ryder isn't a playable character.

You know, a GTA-style game featuring WWE superstars doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'd buy it.

I got a few things from watching the trailer one time:

1. It's set in San Andreas.

2. It's set in the present.

3. The graphics look nice.

That's it. And that's probably all that Rockstar wanted you to gain from the trailer. Why pick apart every pixel in every frame of the trailer, looking for stuff that probably isn't even there? Nobody let's things stand as they are anymore. Sometimes, things aren't deep and don't have hidden meanings or whatever. All we know is all we know. Let it be.

GTA V, present-day San Andreas. Bitchin'.

Now see, I was picking it apart to try and confirm #2

Guest JukeboxHero

I thought the trailer pretty much showed that it was present day given the cars they used and whatnot. I didn't think that it was anything that really needed to be deeply looked into and could be seen watching it on the first glance.

But for the doubters, Rockstar posted this on their website today:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Because we've covered the topic pretty well now, and the only alternative to this is you freaking out about every rumor and small detail you find in the trailer.

One thing I hope for is the fact that they actually have the camera fixed directly behind the car this time. If you notice, the camera is nudged to the left hand side slightly. Maybe their reasoning was that it's because it's the driver side of the car, but it didn't help in anyway. Really, the only purpose it serves is to annoying me because once I've noticed it, I can't unnotice it and then it pisses me off. <_<

I thought it made driving much better.

This.

Good trailer, Mount Chiliad looks all shades of awesome. Cannot wait for that. I sort of expected San Andreas and I hope it isn't just limited to Los Santos, and the inclusion of planes make me think it won't be. But if it is, that'll be fine because the rural expansion looks brilliant, I always liked the countryside aspects of San Andreas but it was never as immersive as the cities could be. But now we've had GTA IV and I'm sure we'll have a sweet city and a fantastic backdrop alongside another epic soundtrack.

Only detail I really wanna know now is a ballpark release date. And maybe an answer to the rumour of multiple playable characters in this game (although I hope that gets left for DLC like last time.)

This.

Good trailer, Mount Chiliad looks all shades of awesome. Cannot wait for that. I sort of expected San Andreas and I hope it isn't just limited to Los Santos, and the inclusion of planes make me think it won't be. But if it is, that'll be fine because the rural expansion looks brilliant, I always liked the countryside aspects of San Andreas but it was never as immersive as the cities could be. But now we've had GTA IV and I'm sure we'll have a sweet city and a fantastic backdrop alongside another epic soundtrack.

Only detail I really wanna know now is a ballpark release date. And maybe an answer to the rumour of multiple playable characters in this game (although I hope that gets left for DLC like last time.)

it states in the release up top that it isn't just Los Santos, but the surrounding countryside as well.

This.

it states in the release up top that it isn't just Los Santos, but the surrounding countryside as well.

I was referring to the cities themselves, since I commented on Chiliad you'd figure I was aware of that.

Guest flierthananostrich

I must have played through San Andreas all the way through about 10 times, this has urged me to start to do it agaibn. My fave game of all time without a bit, the characters in there were so good, Ryder, Smoke, CJ. As well as a lot of others hopefully the characters in this one match up :)