Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Yeah, San Andreas looked fucking awesome back then, which wasn't even that long ago, considering we've got the thread on this board from release.

Then again, this board has been here for 7 years now. :unsure:

Infact, here you go EWBers:

GTA SA thread http://www.ewbattleg...showtopic=11745

And another thread that Zero posted in 2005: http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16138

Edited by McDanlad's
  • Like 1

I like the fact that it appears they're going to make it similar in get-up to GTA: San Andreas. I have no qualms with them just jazzing the old layout to current generation standards, I loved it.

Somebody on another forum has said some speculation on the net is that it'll come out on May 24th, but the link is so ridiculously tenuous that I don't even want to post it. Something to do with the For Sale sign in the trailer and the freaking release date of the song that is used in the trailer.

Also, referring to the Vinewood sign screenshot comparison, how damn cool would it have been if Mad Dogg's mansion was still in the background on the GTA V screenshot. I'd have loved that.

Edited by AdamDRFC

I don't think there is any doubt it takes place in within the past 2 or 3 years, post-recession.

From what I have heard, it's Los Santos and the surrounding country/mountains but no other cities.

http://www.psu.com/R...-a013477-p0.php

Rockstar has issued a formal press release on Grand Theft Auto V following the unveiling of the crime sequel’s debut trailer yesterday afternoon. The company confirmed that GTA V will take place in Los Santos and its surrounding countryside and beaches, and will apparently be the “largest and most ambitious game” the studio has ever created.

Furthermore, Rockstar also revealed that the game will feature online multiplayer, and serves as a “radical reinvention” of the franchise.

"Grand Theft Auto V is another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe," said Rockstar founder, Sam Houser. "We are incredibly excited to share our new vision with our fans."

Rockstar also states that GTA 5 is a "bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer," revealing that the game focusses on the "pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California".

Edited by Universal

Somebody on another forum has said some speculation on the net is that it'll come out on May 24th, but the link is so ridiculously tenuous that I don't even want to post it. Something to do with the For Sale sign in the trailer and the freaking release date of the song that is used in the trailer.

I heard that the other day. 2405 is the number of the house with the for sale sign, and it's also on a post van that drives past at another point in the trailer.

If it's May it'll be 2013 surely?

I can't see them bringing this out in 6 months, but holy shit if they do :w00t:

Well they will have been developing it for a while by this point. There was a year gap between GTA 3 and Vice city. I imagine GTA 3 would have taken longer to make as that was the first one on the PS2 and then Vice city and San Andreas would have been just a case of tweaking but the core dynamics would have been in place. So they have done GTA IV so the templates down they just have to tweek it if you get me.

Speaking of Vice City I went to re-play it and it wouldnt work. I found a extra copy and that too was fucked so i ordered a new one from amazon and that too wont work but was working better than the previous two. so I have ordered another.

I'd say it'd make sense to release it on a Thursday. It lets all the die-hards pile in the masses and get it the Thursday, while people that don't want to wait in as big a line could get it the Friday and both would have the whole weekend.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Most games used to be realeased on a Friday. Gears of war was a Tuesday I think, some have been Wednesday and I'm pretty sure the last gta was midweek as I left dundee college to go to asda to buy it and it was gone. Got

It in hmv after though

I heard that the other day. 2405 is the number of the house with the for sale sign, and it's also on a post van that drives past at another point in the trailer.

Yeah, plus apparently on the curb in the same shot as the For Sale sign are the numbers 2405. I would love it if that were the case, it'd mean the game is out in 6 months and it'd be pretty cool of Rockstar, I just thought the release date of that Small Faces song being a nod to it was going a bit too far into the realms of daft speculation.