Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Vinewood sign would indicate it's actually Los Santos, fucking awesome. The fact they focused on multiple people makes me think you might be able to play this from more than one character's POV.

So far so generic San Andreas really, not necessarily a bad thing as I've no doubt the game will be ace, but the 'I just wanted to be normal and settle down' story feels overdone. It'll be different in non-stuttervision, but looks more like GTA IV: SA than GTA V.

It seems to be San Andreas without San Fierro and Las Venturas though, which I can get on board with, shit they could make them DLCs.

To be honest, the time frame isn't locked down as current to me. That jet that you see at the end was in San Andreas and that was set in 1992. Also when on that shot, you can see the skyscrapers in the background, and one of them is still being built. I think there was a building in scaffolding in 1992 SA by there, but not sure. So either it's set just before or a few years after SA in my opinion. Unless if they're just building a new building there.

Or at least within the last 10 years. I have a feeling that the voice-over and/or guy in suit could be Claude from GTA 3.

Story does feel a bit overdone, but just by setting it in San Andreas it's sucked me in. I've made it no secret that SA is probably my favourite of the GTA games, and if this is set in present day (which it does look to be) then that marks almost 20 years since we as players were last in San Andreas. Really hoping for some cameos from GTA: SA characters, or at the very least easter eggs concerning them (Tenpenny's grave? Doing missions for Cesar or Kendl or maybe even Sweet?)

Even if there are no SA characters in it, the possibility for DLC that continues the GTA: SA story is there. I'm hooked, Rockstar, reel me in.