MLB 2022

The Buscher

5 hours ago, Krabby said:

Geez 15 inning 1-0 win for the Guardians, ending with a walkout Homer ftw

I was Doordashing and happened to be picking up an order from a sports bar. Low and behold, I looked over at one of the TVs while waiting on the order, just in time to see the home run.

• Like 1

The Mariners are the only team that hasn't been to the World Series. And sadly, I do not see that happening this year.

That said, they ever make it to the Series, I will be pulling for them unless they face the Reds.

3 minutes ago, Krabby said:

@damhausen you remember that time Brady Anderson hit like 50 home runs?

Ha, I think about that ridiculous season all the time. There were articles about his fitness regimen, the guy was humongous around then (lot of roids). Pretty obvious that Canseco met Palmeiro in Texas, Palmeiro got the connections, then Palmeiro came to Baltimore and hooked up a lot of the guys here on those mid-90s teams.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Ha, I think about that ridiculous season all the time. There were articles about his fitness regimen, the guy was humongous around then (lot of roids). Pretty obvious that Canseco met Palmeiro in Texas, Palmeiro got the connections, then Palmeiro came to Baltimore and hooked up a lot of the guys here on those mid-90s teams.

I remember that season, watching Sportscenter every day and being like How in the Eff is he doing that? (I was 10 at the time) - he'd only 16 the year before lmao. And the next year, back down to earth! just wild times haha

2 minutes ago, Krabby said:

I remember that season, watching Sportscenter every day and being like How in the Eff is he doing that? (I was 10 at the time) - he'd only 16 the year before lmao. And the next year, back down to earth! just wild times haha

Obviously the record has fallen (it fell the next year actually), but that '96 team set the MLB record for most HRs in a season - blowing past a record that was set by the Mantle/Maris '61 Yankees. They were just mashing it out of Camden Yards.

5 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Obviously the record has fallen (it fell the next year actually), but that '96 team set the MLB record for most HRs in a season - blowing past a record that was set by the Mantle/Maris '61 Yankees. They were just mashing it out of Camden Yards.

Just a wild season - just looked at the pitching and on paper it seems stacked by the names: Mussina, Wells, Erickson - but those ERA stats are Big Yikes!

10 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Just a wild season - just looked at the pitching and on paper it seems stacked by the names: Mussina, Wells, Erickson - but those ERA stats are Big Yikes!

Steroid era numbers are weird but even those are bad. They hit their way into the ALCS.

The 1997 team was much better with pitching and it remains a tragedy they didn't win the World Series. Best team in baseball that season.

Armando fucking Benitez is still a thing folks around here say from time to time.

8 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Steroid era numbers are weird but even those are bad. They hit their way into the ALCS.

The 1997 team was much better with pitching and it remains a tragedy they didn't win the World Series. Best team in baseball that season.

Gosh 1997 was an amazing season, the Marlins remain my fave NL team (despite their issues recently) - I remember watching every post season game including that wild Game 7 in the World Series. Such a crazy finish to the season and as much as he is a meme for the whole contract thing, Bobby Bonilla - who had been crushing them for the Os the year prior - was a huge part of that victory. Loved wwatching this video: