MLB 2022

The Buscher

2 hours ago, Jacob deBusch said:

White Sox hire Royals bench coach Pedro Grifol as manager.

Joe Espada must be a terrible interview to miss out again.

I've got a hunch Espada is manager-in-waiting in Houston. Dusty might come back for another year of course but I think it's very much a situation where they look to promote Espada after he's done.

• Like 1

SNY writer Andy Martino claims that Steve Cohen and Hal Steinbrenner have a chummy enough relationship where the Mets won't even bother pursuing Judge unless the Yankees, for whatever reason, were to deem themselves completely out of the running.  Similarly, the Yankees aren't expected to make any sort of pursuit of deGrom unless the Mets were to drop out.

Basically, both sides are worried about the PR windfall associated with star franchise player moving across town, so they've simply agreed to not engage in bidding wars for each others' stars as all it will do is jack up their prices more.

Now, I'm totally fine with the Mets not signing Judge.  After putting up the best walk season ever it's fine to wonder if he's got nowhere to go but down, and I'm not sure I trust him to stay healthy again anyway.  But the idea that the New York teams feel they need to do favors for each other is really lame.

On 03/11/2022 at 10:35, Krabby said:

Also - boneless wings are great and that take makes Jeff Passan sound like a hack writer

Boneless chicken wings are just chicken nuggets

Everybody knew since July that Diaz was getting $20M AAV/$100M total on the market.

Had the Yankees given out this deal to him, the media would've been lining up to heap praise on them for finally acting like the Yankees again and bringing in the top player at his position.

Had the Dodgers or Astros done this they'd have been praised for being aggressive in trying to win while in their window.

Hell even the Red Sox would've been praised for spending top dollar to fix their biggest weakness in the bullpeb,

But nah, because the Mets did it it's "LOLMETS $100 million for a reliever what a massive overpay!"

The Astros only offered GM James Click a 1-year contract with a slight pay bump.  Click publicly voiced his grievances about it at the GM meetings and he's now out.

Signs had been brewing for a while that Astros ownership wanted him out despite the success, and so they made him an insulting offer.

Great way to treat a GM who just won you a World Series.