MLB 2022

The Buscher

I love reading different prospect lists - generally everyone agrees on who the top 8 or 9 should be but the order among them fluctuates completely depending on what you're looking for.

I still wonder if Francisco Alvarez is going to get to the big leagues this year.  His bat has really started to come around to AAA pitching in the last two weeks, it has to be tempting with how awful the Mets' catchers have been offensively.  Problem is Alvarez' defense is said to need a lot of work as pretty much everybody with even average speed is running on him.  With how good the pitching has been this year, might be hard to justify messing with.

I could get behind it if it were earlier in the season but I'm not sure doing it when your pitching is carrying you to the playoffs is the right call, and I say that as someone who salivates at the thought of Alvarez' bat in the lineup.  I wonder if maybe they add him to the 40 by August 31st (the playoff roster deadline) and give him a September call-up knowing they still have Nido and McCann to fall back on if it's clear he's not ready.  But making sure there is no adverse effect on the pitching is paramount with the playoffs looming.

Speaking of Mets pitching...as deGrom's debut kept getting pushed back I started preparing for the harsh reality that maybe they need to let him walk since he's clearly going to be gunning for more than Scherzer's $43 million AAV and paying that kind of money to two older pitchers might be tough unless Cohen fully intends on making a mockery of the "Cohen Tax".

Having watched deGrom in his first two starts back....yeah, no, give him $50 million AAV if you have to.  Seeing that guy anywhere else would be devastating.

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

Just found out one of my friends from law school is now a lawyer for the MLS. I’m going to ask if she can not get me free tickets.

That's great information, A! Thank you for letting us know. Unfortunately, MLS has nothing to do with MLB as they are completely different sports. 

MLS, or Major League Soccer, is actually the North American league for what your country calls football. MLB, Major League Baseball and the thread we are currently in, is for the sport of baseball which is similar to cricket but doesn't really require the players to be in any sort of physically great shape. 

I hope this was informative and will allow you to avoid making such mistakes in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LL! said:

That's great information, A! Thank you for letting us know. Unfortunately, MLS has nothing to do with MLB as they are completely different sports. 

MLS, or Major League Soccer, is actually the North American league for what your country calls football. MLB, Major League Baseball and the thread we are currently in, is for the sport of baseball which is similar to cricket but doesn't really require the players to be in any sort of physically great shape. 

I hope this was informative and will allow you to avoid making such mistakes in the future. 

Could you be a m8 and fix this for me? :)

3 hours ago, METALMAN said:

Could you be a m8 and fix this for me? :)

Maybe if I was rightly made into a mod, I would. It would be the first thing I would've done to spare you the humiliation.