MLB 2022

The Buscher

They're 85-51, guaranteed at worst the top wild card (which gives them home field), and have the starting pitching and bullpen to excel in the postseason.

It's not even a collapse, they have the joint-3rd best record in MLB right now and will more than likely finish with the 4th best. Atlanta has just been an absurdly good team since the end of May, and show no signs of cooling off.

A collapse is what's going on in the Bronx.

• Like 2

Yeah as annoying as this all is I don't buy the collapse angle the fans are desperate to throw out.  Mets have won at a 97-win pace since they had a 10.5 game lead.  There's really nothing they can do about the Braves playing at a historic 117-win clip for three months and counting.

Mets HAVE played like dogshit the last few days, which has put a crimp in all the chest thumping about the Mets supposedly having an easy September schedule.  At this point they need to just focus on getting the 14 games left they need to clinch a playoff spot and pray they have deGrom and Scherzer (who is hurt again) ready for games 1 and 2 of the playoffs.

I will actually be pulling the for the Mets if they make it to the World Series. 

Just hope we don't end up with a Subway Series. Because....Fuck The Yankees.

If we get a Braves-Yankees Series, I definitely will not be watching.

As impatient as all Mets fans were with the constant delays for deGrom's return, it's remarkable that he's come back and picked exactly where he left off last year.  Granted 2020-22 combine to about one full season in terms of innings, but if you take that and also add in his 2018 and 2019 seasons....across 624.1 innings he has struck out 837 batter and his ERA is 1.92.  Just absolutely bonkers.

I can't even begin to imagine what his payday will be this offseason, but if he's not a Met in 2023 it means he wanted out.  There's absolutely no chance that Steve Cohen doesn't offer him the most money.

6 hours ago, Jacob deBusch said:

After looking very much like a washed up 42-year old for most of the season, Pujols has hit 15 home runs in his last 70 days to get to #698.

Really an incredible run he’s been on.

I thought 700 wasn't a remote possibility at the start of the season and now feels like a total lock. Wild.