Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

This was a surprising stat to see about Jesus, especially with all the praise he's been getting (still think Arsenal massively overpaid for a guy on an expiring contract, but I get their hands were tied)

I actually think he'll do well for Arsenal. He's an upgrade on what they had, suits the way Arsenal play and he is pretty minimal risk for the fee, considering what they'd have to pay for any other no 9. He might not grab 20 + goals (or he might!), but considering the problems Arsenal have had with a central striker for a season or two, I think he makes them a better team. He's also versatile, can play across the front line, so can still play alongside Nketiah. 

It's very much a weird case where Jesus suits Arsenal better than he'd have suited us and Richarlison suits us better than he'd have suited Arsenal. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

I saw someone on Twitter who said Jesus will get 25 goals and 25 assists this season.

Frankly, he's got more chance of raising the dead.

33 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I saw someone on Twitter who said Jesus will get 25 goals and 25 assists this season.

Frankly, he's got more chance of raising the dead.

Has anyone other than the great Thierry Henry come close to achieving such a Goals/Assists tally in the Premier League? It's unrealistic to expect anything like that level of return but I suppose, that's Twitter for you.

34 minutes ago, Adam said:

Has anyone other than the great Thierry Henry come close to achieving such a Goals/Assists tally in the Premier League? It's unrealistic to expect anything like that level of return but I suppose, that's Twitter for you.

Kane got 23 goals and 14 assists the other season, Suarez did 31 goals & 12 assists, Salah 32 goals & 10 assists. 

34 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Kane got 23 goals and 14 assists the other season, Suarez did 31 goals & 12 assists, Salah 32 goals & 10 assists. 

None of those players got nearly enough assists to be comparable though. Being a brilliant goalscorer is one thing, but combining that with being a record-setting assister is almost unheard of.

Henry scored 24 goals and registered 25 assists in the Premier League in 2002/03. I'm not sure anyone else has managed that or even close in terms of evenly topping the goalscoring and assist charts.

He managed 60 direct goal involvements in 55 games that year in all competitions in a near even split between goals and assists. Unreal output.

Forged at Feyenoord.

Made for Manchester.

On loan at Sevilla by September 2023.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1