AEW: Fight Forever

5 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

I'm not even going to subject ya'll to the gameplay footage. This game sucks.

If you told me this was a live reading of a reddit post on WWEGames I'd 100% believe it. 

I don't have the game yet but if I get it it'll be because I want to play as AEW wrestlers in an AEW game. 

Edited by Trey

2 hours ago, K said:

I cannot believe that you can't assign a superplex to someone, that cant be true can it

20230702115933_1.jpg20230702115941_1.jpg20230702115949_1.jpg

And weak grapple...

20230702120235_1.jpg20230702120223_1.jpg

I wanted to have fun with this game, to have a cool vampire lady make her way to the big belt one Tiger Driver at a time but... yeah. The gameplay is a shambles, doing anything but one v one is unplayable and guess what the career mode loves to do, four ways and tags all day. And one on one is... it's just not very good either.

• Sad 3

Played some more of the game today. Enjoyed it. Partner seemed interested in it. 

Managed to button map the controls out to being HCTP style. As that is what combination of button's I seem to have retained knowledge of and can't stand anything but them.

Also might be me. But for the life of me I can't remember or find what it is to pick your opponent up and back onto their feet. 

The game is definitely a work in progress. But has a lot of fun moment's about it, and another wrestling game being out there is never a bad thing. Sure they'll manage to iron it all out. Eventually. The joy of today is patches to fix these issue's. 

8 hours ago, Colly said:

I watched that and was more annoyed at how thick that guy is than the game...

Excuse me?

Name one thing about the video you disagree with.

• Haha 4

I'm really sorry, it's just not my kind of thing. The two minute rant at the start before eventually just demonstrating the issues just sapped my interest, but like I say I'm not a youtube guy at all and I appreciate the system is probably set up to want long videos. I can only keep apologising, I'd never have said it had I known it was you but I have now and am pretty mortified. 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm about 3/4 of the way to having enough Exhibition matches to unlock the purchase of Owen, and I have enough Khan Bucks to be able to afford it when it happens - so yay!

It's kind of wild how much music is in the game's jukebox too - if AEW has used it, it's there. Wild to scroll down and just randomly see Maki Itoh's theme sitting there, of course I'm adding that to the main menu.

Been having a good time - since I put all the titles on Statlander, I've been trying to get them off her after pumping the difficulty up to Elite and trying out some new match types.

Big fan of actually being able to play tag matches, since your partner is helpful in at least attempting to stop the opponent from stopping your pin attempts. It has been a big thing that bothered me in the last 2K games - since towers and their endless tag matches came into play, the tag meta has absolutely sucked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'm really sorry, it's just not my kind of thing. The two minute rant at the start before eventually just demonstrating the issues just sapped my interest, but like I say I'm not a youtube guy at all and I appreciate the system is probably set up to want long videos. I can only keep apologising, I'd never have said it had I known it was you but I have now and am pretty mortified. 😕

Fair enough. And to be fair, it wasn't *meant* to be a video on the issues at all, I was going to LP the season mode. But it was just so shit-tastic that I couldn't help myself. I mean, I could have overlooked the paper-thin appearance menu if not for the *baffling* omissions in moveset.

If it was a review I probably would have just jumped right into it, or did an off-stream recording of the problems with VO but it was off the cuff and I didn't decide to go full rant until I started my intro.

• Thanks 1

It's something I'll never quite grasp, the public rant vid, though to be fair I am real life "old man shouts at cloud" at this point and the idea of putting myself online to that extend terrifies me. Thanks for the response though, you're a better man than me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colly said:

It's something I'll never quite grasp, the public rant vid, though to be fair I am real life "old man shouts at cloud" at this point and the idea of putting myself online to that extend terrifies me. Thanks for the response though, you're a better man than me.

Nah, I kind of overreacted myself. S'all good though.

• Like 2

The exploding barbed wire matches are kind of fun. The physics involved are probably the best things in the entire game.

As a whole though, the whole thing kind of feels unfinished. There’s definitely potential but it doesn’t really hit the mark for me - and the roster does feel really thin.

I've seen a lot of people saying it could be helped by additions down the line, but are new match types and extra guys really going to fix things? Or are people really expecting a post release overhaul?

It would take a No Man's Sky tier salvaging.

10 hours ago, Colly said:

I've seen a lot of people saying it could be helped by additions down the line, but are new match types and extra guys really going to fix things? Or are people really expecting a post release overhaul?

I don't think it needs a complete overhaul; gameplay is fun, particularly in multiplayer, and they can definitely build something better on top of that. I'd rather they'd done that before release, but it is salvageable to an extent - more variety of match types, more content in the CAW mode, and a few more wrestlers would help it feel like a more coherent and complete game. But there's stuff I don't see getting updated as it's not an issue of content - stuff like the four wrestler limit in multi-man matches feels pretty hard-coded, as I don't know why else they'd have gone with it, unless it's an arbitrary "make it feel like No Mercy" choice (when the key to retro style games is to produce something that feels like the experience of playing an old game, but with the quality of life improvements that have come since). 

The problem is that a lot of people seem to have convinced themselves that it will receive updates beyond a few more features and window dressing, and now will set themselves up for disappointment if it's not an entirely new game in a year's time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

The problem is that a lot of people seem to have convinced themselves that it will receive updates beyond a few more features and window dressing, and now will set themselves up for disappointment if it's not an entirely new game in a year's time. 

Couldn't have put it better. Also don't like the mentality of "we should buy it to support it getting good later". The game should not feel half baked at release. And that goes for any game.

• Like 9

The only people I’ve seen online that have unrealistic expectations for future patches/support are, oddly enough, 2K enthusiasts who want GM modes patched in and stupid shit like that. While I don’t think a simple Create a Card mode or something would be impossible, it’s not likely. But it’s more likely than a full fleshed out GM mode, that’s for sure.

Most wishlist items for patches on the subreddit are just gameplay balancing, bug fixes and expanded CAW/delivery on the promise of customization to existing wrestlers.

And fixes to online mode since people have now discovered you can bail out of matches and not have it count against your rank/count as a loss apparently. Or being able to filter out matches against CAWs.