General Television Thread 2023

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Solar Opposites promo dealing with the Justin Roiland issue promptly.

What's funny is that I literally just looked up what Dan Stevens has been up to recently and then this was announced like 12 hours later. 

I watched two episodes and laughed a couple times at the first one and I don't think I laughed at the second one so I haven't watched any more of it.

You know what HBO Max comedy is killing it right now, though? The Other Two, which HBO Max also seems deadset on hiding from the people on its own service.

• Like 1

I'm on episode 6 of season 2 of The Bear and its still wonderful

We watched the episode of Poker Face where Tim Russ, Nick Nolte and Luis Guzmán show up last night. That was great.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Anyone seen the new season of Black Mirror and is it any good? I can't wait to watch it.

Yes and yes. Without going into spoiler territory, this season dives a bit into the more traditional horror genre and Demon76 (I think, is the title) is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2023 at 23:37, Lint said:

I'm on episode 6 of season 2 of The Bear and its still wonderful

I just finished the first season last night, and enjoyed it.

I'm on episode 3 of season 2, and it's just not hitting the same for me. 

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

I just finished the first season last night, and enjoyed it.

I'm on episode 3 of season 2, and it's just not hitting the same for me. 

It takes a bit, the common opinion is episodes 6-10 are the best, and I'd really agree

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 00:06, Lint said:

It takes a bit, the common opinion is episodes 6-10 are the best, and I'd really agree

I just finished episode 7, and that might be my favorite episode of the entire series. That was so damn good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I just finished episode 7, and that might be my favorite episode of the entire series. That was so damn good.

Yea, episode 7 was so good.  Its like they realized "Ok, episode 6 was tense and nerve-racking, so lets have a kinda feel good episode"

Spoilers for S2E7 of The Bear

Spoiler

Seeing Richie get it all together was so satisfying.  His speech about feeling "left behind" in S2E1 really stuck with me.  A lot of my friends are married, have kids, own houses...I'm single, I have no kids, I rent...I get exactly what Richie was feeling, so I was cheering for him this season.  And in episode 7, when it all clicked and he "got it", I was SO happy

• Like 1

On 27/06/2023 at 23:05, Benji said:

Really enjoyed the first episode of From. It has all the hallmarks of a show that will be cancelled without getting a proper conclusion but fuck it, I'm invested now.

Hol and I watched the first episode the other day and thought it was great, which is good because it's just been renewed for a third season so there's definitely more on the way at least. Might watch some more after we've done The Witcher over the weekend.

Sterlin Harjo and Taika Waititi have announced S3 of Reservation Dogs will be the last one.  They came up with "the perfect finale" while writing S3 and decided to end it