Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

I don’t understand Arteta’s thinking with Havertz. Clearly he is a confidence player, and putting him straight into the starting XI was a big risk as you’d need him to perform. Now his confidence will be shot even more when he is eventually dropped.

Even more puzzling considering Trossard played in that role to great effect in pre-season. I feel like he’s really been hard done by.

Great to watch as a neutral, really entertaining game. 

But at the same time, Lol Man U

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Have they confirmed yet whether Van Dijk is getting an extra game off for booting off?

I'm still expecting the additional game ban and rightfully so but hope they use consistency for other players going forward. 

Still baffled by the officials in that game. Purely from the perspective of Joelinton getting nothing for doing two yellow card gestures in front of the ref. 

• Like 1

I've only seen naff photos of that, I'm not convinced the ref saw them if he did. He pretty much marked his cards (pun intended) the second he bottled Alexander-Arnold's though, was surprised there was another booking in the game after that, he bottled an obvious one by McAllister well before any Joelinton fouls.

He's either lying or fucking delusional to think he can effect change by being there and not actually doing anything to effect change. He says "people know my values" as if change comes just from existing, like some kind of passive thing. Especially when he says he's going to "respect the culture and religion". 

It's a cop-out.

• Like 4