Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Yous must have been shit if Everton are beating you at Goodison 3-0 

Things are starting to click under Dyche now. Just need an actual striker that can finish

We're shit away generally, but given we've played the same 11 (bar Pope today) 4 or 5 games on the bounce with barely a sub we weaken as games go. If we aren't leading on the hour we're fucked. 

Good job we've got no one coming back in and only Spurs and Milan in the next 6 days.

14 hours ago, Colly said:

We're shit away generally, but given we've played the same 11 (bar Pope today) 4 or 5 games on the bounce with barely a sub we weaken as games go. If we aren't leading on the hour we're fucked. 

Good job we've got no one coming back in and only Spurs and Milan in the next 6 days.

Don't worry, we're injury ravaged ourselves. Should be fun. 

I thought that was a good VAR intervention, exactly what it's supposed to be for. Can understand the ref missing it, and the initial bump is fine within what physicality is allowed, it's only once the trip on the right leg comes in that it's a foul.

Agree though, if Hughes is savvy and just pokes it through with his left he probably gets an assist.

What a gut punch for Palace. Ayew sent off for a second yellow on an absolute pointless foul, Salah then scores on a deflected shot 90 seconds later.

Would not be surprised to end up getting 3 points from a match we deserve 0 from.

I think the booking was harsh, but nowhere near as bad as TNT are making out. If you're on a booking you don't make silly fouls when teams are breaking, and I suppose the fact Elliott(?) eventually plays the ball from the floor means the attack hasn't quite been stopped, but still a daft foul to make.

I've been big on Harvey Elliott getting more minutes and starts this season. He's been fantastic almost every appearance. That was a fabulous strike. Liverpool about to leave with 3 points when I'd argue we deserve 0.

I've seen harsher bookings for sure. I prefer consistency, so if it'd be a booking without the player on a yellow it should definitely also be when the player is on a yellow.

Nonetheless I'd be irate were I a Palace supporter because as Colly pointed out, Elliot still manages to play the ball.

Yeah I didn't think it was as bad as it's being made out. Soft? Yeah but its a tactical foul on a break and could lead to a yellow. 

Thought VAR been used sensibly today even if a bit lengthy.

This team is starting to get the feel of when we were challenging for the league and when we won it. Picking up points when we may not necessarily have played well and that's the sort of thing you need. Doesn't have to be prettt and eye pleasing but the team doesn't give in and can find a way

Also anything that makes Roy angry is something worthwhile. 

• Like 1

The most baffling decision for me is (for the second time in 3 days) where on earth 10 minutes of injury time have come from. They added 9 on when we beat Man Utd last week which seemed insane, after 1 minute first half despite two lengthy injuries. Think they might just make it up to suit tv adverts these days.

36 minutes ago, Colly said:

The most baffling decision for me is (for the second time in 3 days) where on earth 10 minutes of injury time have come from. They added 9 on when we beat Man Utd last week which seemed insane, after 1 minute first half despite two lengthy injuries. Think they might just make it up to suit tv adverts these days.

Think 10 wasn't necessarily a mad shout for me as it has been in some games.

4 subs for us and 3 for them before the 90th minute, the keeper being down injured and needing treatment, the monitor check for the penalty, Ayew taking a while to get off the pitch after being sent off. 

It does feel very random like. Cause how do you go yeah 7 minutes would have been right.