Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don´t worry, we know you have a problem, we´ll all help you to get through with it, and you did the first big step by admitting it, now phase two, do a handstand - take a picture of yourself while doing it and upload it in donators, we´ll work this out scientology style (H)

Back to FM >_>

started a game with Leicester, oh yes awesome. In my second season in the Championship and here's my current side - bearing in mind I edited it with the signings for this season so far.

1. Rab Douglas - GK

2. Peter Canero - D/DM RL

3. Danny Tiatto - D/DM L

4. Alan Maybury - D RL

5. Stephen Hughes - M C

6. Patrik Gerrbrand - D C

7. Mohammed Sylla - AM R

8. David Connolly - S C

9. Gabriel Batistuta - S C - Free Transfer/Free Agent

10. Mark De Vries - S C

12. Emile Heskey - S C - 2.5 million from Birmingham

13. Paul Henderson - GK

15. Nils-Eric Johansson - D LC

16. Gareth Williams - M C

19. Jotha - M L - 230 k from Real Madrid

20. Doriva - DM C - Free Transfer from Middlesbrough

21. Jose Manuel Dominquez - AM L - Free Transfer from Al Ahti

22. Joey Gudjonsson - DM C

24. Phillipe Christanval - SW/D C - 300 k from Marseille

25. Ronnie Wallwork - D/AM RC - Free Transfer/Free Agent

27. Richard Stearman - D C

My lineup changes a lot with that, but at the moment it's...

(4-4-2):

1. Douglas

4. Maybury

15. Johansson

6. Gerrbrand

24. Christanval

7. Sylla / 2. Canero

21. Dominquez / 19. Jotha

20. Doriva

5. Hughes

9. Batistuta / 8. Connolly

10. De Vries / 12. Heskey

3rd in the Championship after ten games, just behind Birmingham and Fulham who were relegated the season before. Not bad effort, should be Prem next season (Y)

I started a game with Tottenham and after 22 games of the league played I am in 5th with 37 points after winning 10 drawing 7 and losing 5. I am out of the league cup after losing in the 4th round 3-2 away to Arsenal after Henry scored in the 89th minute. My starting 11 is

GK Robinson

DR Mabizela

DL Atouba

DC Gardner

DC King

MR Davies

MC Guarin

MC Veron

ML Brown

FW Kanoute

FW Defoe

Anyone else get really random relegations, only for the team to come back really strong? In my game Spurs got relegated in the first season, then won the Championship and are now third in the Premiership, unbeaten and with a game in hand. They've barely made any changes either.

I've seen it a few times to, I think the AI managers ability has way more effect sometimes on a clubs fortunes then the players managerial ability. I daren't say that Martin Jol or Santini (depends on an update) made a hash of things but was able to leave the core intact and someone has gone in and made some tactical changes linked with his preferences and things have clicked better.

My Everton team that are currently top of the league in the 07/08 season, I took over after leaving Chelsea btw:

GK: Wright

DR: Reveillere

DL: Babyaro

DC: Zokora

DC: Gerrard (With Hofland arriving on a Bosman in 3 months)

MR: McFadden

ML: Malouda

MC: Carsley

MC: Cahill

FC: Beattie

FC: Miccoli (With Saha as a backup)

I've got Hofland and Joe Cole coming in on Bosmans, those will be my last 'major' signings, I'll see if I can bring through the younger players now.

Wish you could edit what league clubs started in.

I'm editing it with transfers to date, and then I may start as a midtable prem side - maybe Charlton. Or even a hig midtable Championship side. Havent decided yet.

Oh, right thanks....I was trying to do it via club

But the bastard thing won't let me into the editor anymore. I just get the 'encountered a problem, yada yadda yadda, send error reprt?' thing up. I've rebooted an everything, and it still says that.

EDIT - It changes my screen resolution too......

Edited by timmayy

I'm gonna download a patch to see if that fixes my problem. Does anyone know if I need to download official patches in order, or will downloading the latest patch include all the changes in previous patches?

On second thoughts, fuck it, I'll just download the latest and hope for the best.

Good. Cheers.

But it says 5 mins download time on a 56k modem, its been 7 mins now, and its 1% done, with 3h 22mins left.....

Anyhow, enough of my moaning. I had one of random relegation things before on Champ Man 03/04. In the first year of a Sheff Utd game, Leeds went down (just like real life), then came back and kicked ass. I think as I stopped playing, they were 4th/5th in the prem.

Has anyone had teams that just wont go up? In that same game I won the First Division with Utd. Derby were second all season - almost pipped me to the title at one bit, Only needed a couple of points to get automatic promotion, then lost 5/6 games and missed out on automatic promotion, lost in the play-offs. The year later, they were TOP all season, then did exactly the same as before - lost most of the run in, lost in the play-offs. It's like the game wouldn't let them go up......

Im in 2008 and am with Monaco.. I started with West Ham in 04/05 then i got promoted. Newcastle offered me a job but i stayed at Hammers. Then i came 8th. For the 3rd season i got Gravesen in my midfeild and Crespo on loan from Milan as Striker. Plus Vanden Borre down at RB. I came 6th and went into Europe that season ( 06/07 ). Then Monaco offered me a job with them. I accepted and in 07/08 i won the French Ligue and The Cup and got to the semis in Europe and so far im on 08/09 and am 2nd 10 points behind Lyon ith 3rd being Auserre and Lille equal 2 points behind me. Knocked out of the cup and the UEFA Champs League i am now in the final 16 about to face Ajax.