Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Added a bunch of people's friend-codes and whatnot. Not that I'm much use, I just picked the game up for the first time in days, and I'm largely forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing, and just generally not very good at Pokeymans.

Exp. share helps a ton. As does the chart I'm going to link you to (posted it earlier but might as well post it again).

http://i.imgur.com/YpJWUB4.png

http://serebii.net is a good resource to use for evolutions, when Pokemon learn abilities, and who gets what TMs. You're going to want a Pokemon with Thunderbolt (and trust me almost everyone of any type can learn it) as soon as you get the TM. TMs are multi-use now btw. Also, you'll want a fire Pokemon. I have a Charmander if you don't have one already. You can level it up and get a Flying/Fire type in Charizard which is extremely useful. You'll want Steel in your party as well. If you started with Fennekin then go with someone else as your Flying type.

My recommended types to have in your party (whether it be a Pokemon type or just a move of the type) for nearly the entire game are:

Steel

Fighting

Psychic

Fairy

Fire

Water

Rock

Poison

Dragon

Ice (basically just Ice Beam)

Electic (basically just Thunderbolt)

Pokemon I highly recommend (outside of starters) are Aegislash, Lucario, Gardevoir, and Mawile (once you can get the Mega Evolution for Mawile).

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY BEAT THE FUCKING THING.

Final team was Mr. Mime, Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Doublade (haven't found a Dusk Stone or whatever yet), and Xerneas. Teaching Thunderbolt to Mr. Mime got me over the Gyarados hump and then the only problem was the champ. It was ultimately a battle of attrition and the champion's MegaMon ran out of Moon Blasts before I ran out of potions. (H)

Sweet, I'll add you in a second.

Incidentally, Sousa, now that you have finished the game you have Quilladin in your Friend Safari as well. So there's that. Stay online for a bit, I want to catch a bunch of stuff and get some hidden abilities :shifty:

Each player has a type set for them for their Friend Safari, and three specific Pokemon of that type. The actual Friend Safari place is in Kiloude City, accessible by train from Lumiose City. The third Pokemon only shows up if they've beaten the Elite Four, and the Pokemon they have can have their hidden abilities if your friend is online at the same time as you.

I'm gonna add you now TKz and I'll let you know the details of your Friend Safari.

Also TKz you need to get back online, if you're not online I can't see your third.

TKz you don't have a third. Have you beaten the Elite Four yet?

You have a Bug Friend Safari btw. Butterfree and Volbeat are your first two.

FREAKING BUG!?

Come on now... the worst of all the types.

And no, not yet. I totally forgot about the game and am currently just past the third gym at 30 hours. >_>

lol

Actually it's not so bad, you could potentially have Heracross as your third. Given that its hidden ability is Moxie, that's pretty brutal (Attack boost every time it defeats something).

My Friend Safari's abysmal apparently. Dedenne, Helioptile and Galvantula.

Also I got my Chlorophyll Ivysaur so you don't need to stay online Sousa. Also means I can breed Bulletproof Chespin and Chlorophyll Bulbasaur for people.