Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's quite every time, but moving to a new route is a trigger for it to move away. Best way would be to just move in and out of a route until you're both in the same place, then go hunting.

This generation's take on roaming legendaries is super obnoxious and is the worst one so far.

There's one roaming legendary per game - Articuno if you picked Chespin, Zapdos if you picked Fennekin and Moltres if you picked Froakie - but rather than running into them and battling them, when you run into them they flee before you can do anything. You have to do this a dozen times, and then they'll show up at the Sea Sprite Cavern (or whatever it's called) where they can be caught.

Fairly sure Gravity wouldn't stop them anyway. Gravity only removes any Ground immunities and decreases evasion of everything on the field, but I don't think it prevents switching/fleeing. What you would want would be something like Mean Look, Spider Web or Block.

• Like 1

You don't even get the option to do anything. It says the bird appeared, it stays on their animation a bit longer than it usually would before you can choose to fight, run, use an item, or switch, and then it says it flees. You literally can't do anything but watch it flee. It's fucking ridiculous. What I ended up doing was riding my bike between I think Route 18 and Couriway Town, and constantly checking my Pokedex whenever I got onto Route 18. Sometimes I was lucky when I flew to a town to get to a route that Zapdos was on, but it was really a pain in the ass. If they try pulling that shit with another legendary I will lose my mind.

Moltres is the crappiest legendary bird anyway. I'd probably follow Articuno or Zapdos or an authentic Team Rocket Talking Meowth to the ends of the earth, but fuck Moltres, I've got Xerneas and Zygarde and Mewtwo already.