Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent at least 20 minutes sitting at the selection screen trying to decide between Fennekin and Chespin simply because I KNEW I was choosing Charmander later on. Still ended up with Fennekin for the secondary typing it gains. Made sure not to use Torchic because with every Pokemon game I refuse to use old Pokemon so that I can try out the new ones (Charmander was the only exception).

When they announced you could choose a Kanto starter I knew I would pick Charmander. Once they released the Mega Evolutions for them I was even more sold with Charizard's X Mega. If you think you would care about the abilities for the mega evolutions, you should look at them if you haven't.

Also, I'm really hoping that at some point they make it so you can buy more mega stones. I really want one for Heracross, but since it's Y only and you only get one of each stone it's hard to trade for it since the only one I would give up is the one for Manectric.

Edited by Vitamin E

That all may well be true but Blastoise still gets an EVEN GIANTER CANNON on his back.

And yeah the Nintendo eShop is fucked. Nintendo apparently decided to treat their Wii U and 3DS networks as one account rather than a separate thing, which is a good idea except for the fact that they sent the 3DS accounts toward the extant Wii U network and apparently suddenly realized that, oh right, a lot of people actually own 3DSeses.

Here I was looking forward to transferring my stuff from Black 2 so that I could procrastinate on training stuff in X.

And clearly Fire/Dragon Charizard beats out Cannontoise <_<

I spent at least 20 minutes sitting at the selection screen trying to decide between Fennekin and Chespin simply because I KNEW I was choosing Charmander later on. Still ended up with Fennekin for the secondary typing it gains. Made sure not to use Torchic because with every Pokemon game I refuse to use old Pokemon so that I can try out the new ones (Charmander was the only exception).

Good choice, that free Torchic basically breaks the game. I'm not sure what it was about it, but holy shit, I could kill nearly everything in one hit after like 5 minutes of grinding. I actually had to take it out of my team to let everyone else catch up...

I'd imagine the Speed Boost ability helps it a lot, which is actually something I want on my Blaziken once I start training them again.

Basically this. Hidden abilities make some Pokemon a lot more than they would have been otherwise, and Speed Boost made the Blaziken line the most powerful starter line from any generation ever.

And then they went and gave it a mega evolution. Because it wasn't quite powerful enough as is.

I didn't bother with the Speed Boost Torchic for that reason. My team ended up being Chesnaught, Gardevoir, Blastoise, Mawile, Torkoal and Golurk. Mega-Mawile is fantastic btw :D

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the game to my daughter and she immediately got a Hasty Protean Froakie in a trade with somebody (in return for a freaking red Flabébé). Every time I tried to do a trade I always got Fletchling or Pikachu in return.