Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You;ll want to check the unobtainable list for that info

Although looking at it the only unobtainable Gen 1 mon are Rattata, Raticate, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing and Porygon. That is obviously excluding those exclusive to one version, these are just not obtinable in either version.

My FireRed Randomized team going into Fuchsia...

Larvitar (f), level 44

Squirtle (f), level 42

Mew, level 41

Charmander (m), level 35

Still looking for a Bulbasaur, Gastly or Dratini to round my team out. I've found all their evolutions, but I can only catch first stage pokemons.

White was a really good game, nice region, good mix of new Pokemon (a lot of my current favourites are from Gen 5) but the starters are a bit of a let down. I think it's good, but it gets beaten by its successor. I'd get it anyway, as finishing it and syncing the data with the sequel adds new content in BW2.

White 2 was the best experience I've personally had playing a Pokemon game. Interesting story (makes more sense if you've played B/W 1 though), lots of shiny opportunities, side quests (Pokemon World Tournament, N's Pokemon, White/Black Tower, Join Avenue, etc.)

It really is a great game, I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Like 1

If you want to get one Gen 5 game it'd be worth getting both. I really liked the story from Black/White, and Black 2/White 2 build on it. It depends if you're looking for a game to play the story for or something that has more to do post game than just rebattle the Elite Four at higher levels. The Gen 5 games obviously aren't required, but they make for a pretty good story. To me, anyway. Definitely worth checking out if you can find a good deal. Like JenCode, I would say the Gen 5 games were my best experience with Pokemon games, even compared to X and Y if you exclude the graphical overhaul.

Not only that, but anything you catch in Gen 5 you can send to X and Y with Bank (costs only $5 for a year), so having the legendaries moved over isn't a bad idea.

EDIT: I will say that when you play X or Y, take your time with the story. I was kind of disappointed in it in my initial play-through, but reading back on it it actually seems a lot better than I thought (though not without flaws).

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

Another guy on Twitch by the name of Destiny has been trying to sabbotage the game by getting his viewers to spam the chat to release Pokemon, so far Dig Rat, Dux and Cabbage have fallen and he is trying hard to release Bird Jesus.

Edited by TheWho87