Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

A lot of it comes from the personality of the player, the rest usually from games that change each time and a lot from learning from the player. It's why Hearthstone became one of the biggest hits for streaming despite not even being out of beta. Same with Minecraft.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching in the background for a few days, and I think the crazy thing is how much people are putting on this as a "social experiment". Like, there's probably enough to work with here, but it's bizarre how much value is placed on this.

Also, the outrage and subsequent begrudging acceptance of the Democracy/Anarchy thing is kinda fun, but I miss the crazy movements, it's gotten a bit slower since people are more concerned with voting for An/Dem.

I don't know if it's tough for me to get into unedited videos or if it's just the person/people doing them. Someone I know makes (or made) videos and I could never get into them because they were hour long, unedited videos where patches of him being silent were abundant, and he just wasn't entertaining. The Game Grumps videos are hard for me to get into as well because, while they are always talking, it can get kind of boring for me to see them do stuff that I don't care to see. I've been watching their latest Pokemon Firered videos and I've found them pretty entertaining, but I still wish they would cut out the parts where they're just grinding to raise levels, especially when I didn't really care too much at times for what they were talking about.

I've been checking on the twitch stream and I think the whole thing is hilarious. I have no interest in watching it, just hearing about all the hilarious stuff that happens. As much as I hope they can actually beat it, there is pretty much no chance that will ever happen. There is no way they are going to be able navigate the Safari Zone to get Surf and Strength. The amount of tries it gets to get past a simple ledge is staggering, being able to get through there with limit steps will never happen, and they will run out of money trying, then they are pretty much screwed.

But if they do somehow get through that, Victory Road will be wonerful to see how long it takes. Stength puzzles that require leaving the room to reset and if they have to heal they have another ledge to get past every time.

Edited by Azazel

I'm doing a Leaf Green Randomizer ATM too.

So far, my team is Spheal (starter), Hariyama, Ninjask, Growlithe, Togepi and Sceptile. Just beat Surge, who was now an Ice-type leader. Misty was Dragon and Brock was Fire.

Jesus, this Randomizer thing sounds badass.

I guess it really comes down to what legendary you think is better or cooler, and if there are any Pokemon or Mega Stones you'd want. Here's a list ov exclusives:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

I got X mainly because my friend was getting Y, but when they revealed the Mega Evolutions for Charizard I was dead set on X and would have gotten it even if said friend decided to get X.

Edited by Vitamin E