Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Stokerina had a random desire to play Pokemon yesterday, so I dug out my old GBC and copy of Blue for her.

She's only up to the SS Anne but has already used the Nugget Bridge glitch to get a Mew (and a Gengar and a Rhydon, randomly) and is grumbling about having to pick only one of the Eevee evolutions when she eventually gets to that point, and wants me to buy a copy of Red and a link cable so she can get ALL THE POKEMONS. And she's called me up from work whining about having left the game at home because she can't stop thinking about it.

Just a small glimpse into the addictive personality which bars her from ever touching a MMORPG like WoW, lest she lose her soul. :shifty:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokerina had a random desire to play Pokemon yesterday, so I dug out my old GBC and copy of Blue for her.

She's only up to the SS Anne but has already used the Nugget Bridge glitch to get a Mew (and a Gengar and a Rhydon, randomly) and is grumbling about having to pick only one of the Eevee evolutions when she eventually gets to that point, and wants me to buy a copy of Red and a link cable so she can get ALL THE POKEMONS. And she's called me up from work whining about having left the game at home because she can't stop thinking about it.

Just a small glimpse into the addictive personality which bars her from ever touching a MMORPG like WoW, lest she lose her soul. :shifty:

Of course Stokerina likes Pokemon. It's in the name!

Why is ever fucking cool Pokemon some variation of Ground/Rock/Fighting? I feel like my entire team has at least one of those types. I kind of hate how it seems like 90% of Pokemon have two types.

The gyms keep doing this. God dammit - I learnt the matchups ages ago and it's taking forever for me to remember exactly what does what, and every gym I go to has some super lame dual type that fucks my plans up entirely.

Out of nowhere I got the urge to play a Pokemon game, so I pulled out the old DS and acquired Pokemon Black from a friend. Having not played a Pokemom game since Yellow, what do I need to know? Just about at the first gym leader I think. Educate me EWB!

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

This generation's Victory Road isn't too bad. A lot of it is actually spent outside, and you get some good views.

Also the Elite Four are pretty cool, and the Pokemon League building is spectacular.

Push ahead Benji! You can do it!

Ugh, they really stretched this one out. The fucking villain HQ? HEY, I KNOW YOU JUST BEAT THE BOSS... BUT NOW BEAT 6 POINTLESS GRUNTS. THEN BEAT THEM AGAIN.

The problem I have with it is that the Pokemon world isn't remotely interesting, so stretching stuff out is a lot more obvious because there's not much interesting to keep you distracted. I am trying really hard to get through this and have it beat already. I've given myself the rule of not buying more 3DS games until I've got one beaten, one playing. Once I finish this I'll move onto Ocarina of Time 3D and pick up either Bravely Default or Fire Emblem. That is, if the game ever ends oh my god just give me the final badge already.

• Like 1

You fucks keep getting awesome things on wonder trade but virtually every time I did it I got Fletchling or Pikachu or Pidgey.

Since I don't really play much anymore I'm about to send out Xerneas and make some Japanese kid's day.

You should share the love Dan. Is there anything you'd want in exchange for something with Pokerus?

I'll take anything really, wouldn't mind a Squirtle or Bulbasaur though. I presume I don't lose it from my boxed Pokemon if I trade a different one with it?

I can get you a Squirtle or Bulbasaur. The way Pokerus works is anyone in your party will spread it to uninfected Pokemon, but will also lose the ability to pass it on eventually. Anything in your box, though, will keep it until they've been in your active party enough to lose infectiveness.

Also Sousa you should send me your Xerneas, I need it for dex :shifty: