Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Anyone know if it's possible to trade a Pokemon from X/Y holding a Mega Stone to ORAS?

It's impossible, unfortunately. The nice thing is that each of ORAS has every Mega-Stone in it. So you can get, say, Charizardite and Mewtwoite in both X and Y versions no matter which game you have.

Really? Damn. I thought it was only the reverse that was impossible.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a new game in X, made sure to choose Chespin so I can get Articuno later. Does the mono-type thing mean I can only use purely Bug types, or could I use Beedrill and stuff as well?

Because I currently have a Weedle in the party <_<

I should probably decide my Dark team and get breeding so it's ready :P

Gonna go for a nice mix.

Weavile

Krookodile

Bisharp

Greninja

Malamar

Houndoom

I'll probably try and get an Umbreon, Mightyena, or Absol along the way as a solid neutral option, then flesh out my backups with a couple of others for type coverage.

• Like 1

I didn't actually realise Dark was as diverse as it was when I picked them. I looked it up on Serebii earlier, and I've got options for 13/17 dual typings.

Only missing ones, I believe, are Electric, Fairy, Normal, and Bug. Nothing I'll particularly miss, to be honest.

Not sure yet, but I think I may try building a team made of Scolipede, Heracross, Scizor, Yanmega or Leavanny, Volcarona, and Armaldo. Think that should cover most gyms and elite four, but we'll see. Other than Scolipede, I think that would be all new Pokemon I've never used in run through, which is what I try to do anytime I play one of the games (easier when it's a new game and not a remake).

I didn't actually realise Dark was as diverse as it was when I picked them. I looked it up on Serebii earlier, and I've got options for 13/17 dual typings.

Only missing ones, I believe, are Electric, Fairy, Normal, and Bug. Nothing I'll particularly miss, to be honest.

I find it amazing there's no dark/bug type, seems like it'd be a natural combo since both play into common fears.

i always thought Luxray should of been dark/electic. defently has the right look for it espically since it learns bite and crunch

Edited by Fry_4000

I'm still disappointed that Surskit evolves into a normal Bug/Flying type. Bug/Water seemed interesting to me. I just love dual typings to be honest, and hope whenever the next game comes out that they introduce a lot more (well, in general just more Pokemon than X/Y brought in).

Definitely agree Luxray should have been Dark/Electric, would have been a guarantee for my team for this run if he had been.

Got everything caught ready to breed, but I won't have access to another 3DS until a week Thursday, annoyingly. Gonna be a while before I get started.

A'ight y'all, moment of truth.

I've kept Scraggy around mostly to evolve Pangoro. I decided, though, that since she'd gotten lots of experience, I'd at least evolve her into Scrafty. She just ripped through the fourth and fifth gyms basically single-handedly, and I'm starting to realize that, holy shit, Scraggy is kind of a badass.

She's one level from evolving. My plan was to just box her up, but should I maybe keep her and make her my Psychic buster instead of Pangoro?

My opinion depends on whatever ability your Scraggy/Scrafty has.

Boiling it down to just stats, Pangoro has better HP and Attack, but Scrafty is bulkier with better Defences. However, Scrafty can easily cover the Attack difference if it has Moxie, as every kill ups its Attack stage by 1. Even with just one KO, the 50% increase gives it better Attack than Pangoro, and you'll have the better Defences still to cover the worse HP.

Shed Skin is utterly useless on him in my opinion.

So to summarise, if Scrafty has Moxie, use the Scrafty. If it has Shed Skin, use Pangoro.

• Like 1