• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing the mono type challenge with water:

Gyarados

Slowpoke

Squirtle

Marshtomp

Greninja

Need to find a sixth team member. Was thinking maybe Azumarill for the fairy type.

I have a Protean Greninja. So GOOD! I'll probably beat the entire game solely because of him.

The amazing thing about Protean Froakie is that you can just not teach him any Water moves and use him to cover whatever you want. :shifty: It's almost cheating.

ALMOST.

The final team is put together and doing pretty well. Poliwrath handles Water stuff, Medicham is my Mega (Pure Power rules), Blaziken covers Fire (and probably something else later), Hitmonchan has Thunder Punch and Ice Punch and can outspeed most birds, Lucario has Rock Slide (to be replaced by Stone Edge later), and Scrafty handles Psychics. Pangoro still comes in occasionally and I plan to have him help in the Psychic gym, and Hawlucha is doing a yeoman's job as HM slave. I'm surprised how much coverage I've been able to squeeze out of a monotype team, mostly thanks to Hitmonchan's various punches and Lucario's wide variety of moves.