Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Azumarill sucks balls. Huge mistake in thinking that would work out. He is the weak link on my team.

I've got a Tentacruel on my team, but Chinchou is sort of appealing to me. I've got Greninja (dark), Slowpoke (Psychic), Gyarados (have him with fire/dragon moves), Wartortle, and Swampert (ground) would be rounded out well with an electric/water type.

What is your Azumarill's ability? If it's Thick Fat then of course it's going to suck, Azumarill is only worth using if it has Huge Power. Then it hits like a train.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alanna and I are ready to begin tomorrow night. I've got my six level 1 Ice Pokemon, and she will soon have all six level 1 Electric Pokemon.

We decided we would play is "set" mode, and also chose starters that would ensure we had a disadvantage against rival. (Mine will be fire, hers will be grass.)

Super pumped to do this challenge.

People who play shift mode are filthy plebs. Set is way more fun anyway.

As someone wh hasn't played much pokemon since maybe Gen 2, are the latest games a relatively easy place to jump back in?

ORAS are remakes of Gen 3, so will get you familiar with the Pokemon who came out just after you stopped. They'll also get you familiar with a lot of the other new ones, and introduce a lot of the new mechanics. XY are pretty simple, in my opinion, and share a lot of the new mechanics.

I'm considering getting a pre-owned 2DS and one of these games, play something else during my off nights that won't wake my wife.

I find that Pokemon X & Y are a much better introduction back to the series than ORAS. ORAS is okay, but I found that Pokemon X & Y give you lots of great Pokemon to catch in game. I didn't find myself trading so much in the game to get Pokemon I wanted because there was a lot of diverse type to catch and you are given a lot of great Pokemon throughout the game. Not so with ORAS. The Pokemon you catch early on are a drag and it doesn't really get much better the rest of the game. I liked playing Pokemon X & Y so I could go out, catch a bunch of Pokemon and than breed them all so I can play Pokemon ORAS with an interesting team. The thing ORAS has going for it is pretty much all the Legendary Pokemon you can catch.

• Like 1

Just finished 2nd badge. Had a scare during Rock Badge battle as Snover refused to attack Geodude due to being too high of a level, but Shellder finished Nosepass off. As for Brawly's fighting types... no match for Delibird. I've got Hail, Blizzard, Fly and Power-Up Punch on him, and I'm really enjoying it. Delibird rules.

I'm about to start another run through Y, mostly to get a second Yveltal that I can trade somewhere for a Xerneas. I'll probably make it a monotype as well, but consider that one still "available" because hogging two isn't fair. :shifty: