Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another challenge I tried, on I think White, was an Egglocke.

Basically, you get a team of six eggs given to you randomly by other people, and that has to be your team for the entire game. You won't know what your team is until they hatch, and depending on the people you get the eggs from, you can get a really generous team or a really difficult one.

Another idea: a team consisting of one starter from each generation.

I have my team choices already made for that.

Gen 1: Charizard (For Flying type and his general awesomeness. Mega adds a Dragon option)

Gen 2: Feraligatr (Hits like a truck)

Gen 3: Sceptile (Good bulk, still fast, and again, Mega adds a Dragon option)

Gen 4: Infernape (Quick and strong)

Gen 5: Serperior (Contrary makes it lethal)

Gen 6: Greninja (Because he's all around amazing. Plus, Protean)

I think it looks pretty good. My only suggestion would be Trevenant or Drifblim for Grass or Flying coverage, respectively. In either case, I'd drop Spiritomb. Pretty much all Ghosts can learn Dark moves, so the Dark type doesn't really add much outside of STAB. It also loses it's token of having no weaknesses, since Fairy hits Dark super-effectively.

The major reason for Spiritomb was to counter Ghost's weakness to Ghost, but now that I think about it, there aren't a huge amount of Ghost-type moves in play. I might keep one in reserve just in case, but I don't know if it needs an entire slot.

I'm doing Y, so I don't think I can use Mega Sableye. To be honest, I might cut Gengar anyway--nobody really switches on single player, which makes Shadow Tag less inviting, and lots of ghosties can use Destiny Bond and fulfill the bombing role.

Ahh, my bad, forgot which game you were using :P

Gengar is still your third best attacking option as far as Ghosts go before Megas are counted (which surprised me. The only Ghost 'Mons with better Sp. Atk are Chandelure and Aegislash, who are already in your team). It wins by a good margin if it's still your Mega.

Was Mega Banette in XY? It's Attack stat is the best you're gonna get if you want an alternative, but Ghosts are primarily Sp Atk users I think.

Banettite's only available after you beat the champion. Gengar is really on the team because he's the only ghost with a Mega that you can get before beating the game.

I could get Banettite now, have Katherine hold on to it for me, and then get it back when Shuppet evolves, though. :shifty:

Is it? Hmm.

Well, honestly, between the two, Gengar is still the better choice. The STAB Poison will help on occasion, and as I said, Mega Stone or no, he's still in the top three Special Attackers for Ghost-type. If you get the Mega Stone, all the better.

Like I mentioned before, Spiritomb is the only one I wouldn't have gone with personally, but they're all fine. You've got a pretty tight Ghost team there.