Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OTOH I just finished breeding the last spooky for my main team. I'm keeping a Drifblim (only Ghost that can learn Fly) and Sableye (Dark/Ghost isn't weak against Dark moves and Team Flare loves Dark moves) in reserve. Final team is

1. The Dread Lady, Levitate Gastly

2. Illuminati, Flash Fire Litwick

3. Birnam Wood, Natural Cure Trevenant (Should I evolve before or after I start? I'm thinking before)

4. Iron Giant, Iron Fist Golett

5. Morgan le Fay, Water Absorb Frillish

6. Caladbolg, No Guard Honedge

with an unevolved Frisk Phantump (Mrs. Stumply) dragged along with three HM moves and for the occasional value of having Frisk when hunting for held items.

You should do the Normal type Carpman. :shifty:

EDIT: Wait shit Golurk can learn Fly? Fucking hell. On the other hand, I have a feeling Golurk's going to be doing a lot of coverage and he may need the slot for something else.

May add Froslass to the reserve team just because I have a level 1 sitting around but I don't know if I'll use her.

The problem with Golurk is that Earthquake/Ice Punch/Shadow Punch/either Drain Punch or Hammer Arm is a really obvious set with good coverage.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Lcx2aI19I

Grant, as it turns out, is surprisingly hard against a Ghost monotype team that's slightly underleveled. Especially when you forget to bring Revives because everything has been easy so far. Amaura has a 90-power STAB move that hits like a truck. Tyrunt has Bite. Ghosties haaaaaaaaaaaaates Bite. If I hadn't invested in Frillish's defenses I almost certainly would've lost.

Luckily Korrina has one move that can hit my team and I have three mons that are good against Grass so I don't expect any problems for a while.

UPDATE: EXCEPT SERENA'S ABSOL OH GOD. Yeah I've got Sableye with a Rocky Helmet now and it's going to be Sableye's job to get hit with Dark type moves I think. Golett's got a Fighting move but he's just too slow. When I can feasibly evolve Doublade he can probably Sacred Sword things to death since Aegislash works best if she's going slow, but until then Sableye is going to be getting bit a lot.

• Like 1

Man, you really learn to appreciate stupid little things when you can only do one type. Against Team Flare's absolute deluge of Dark types, a great choice is Drifblim just because he's got so much HP. Like, I keep wanting to put out Sableye since Sableye is neutral to Dark, but Sableye just doesn't hit hard enough. Either way it's going to be a tough row to hoe until I beat the Laverre City gym and get the Dazzling Gleam TM, at which point the game is probably over in terms of things being able to hurt me.

I just finished the Power Plant and am on my way to Lumiose City to fight Clemont. SPOILER ALERT: GOLURK WINS LOL

Do it! Here is what has been taken already:

Plubby - Poison

Sousa - Fighting

Carparama - Ice

Carp's GF - Electric

Jericode - Dark

Shammy - Fire

Vitamin E - Bug

RPS Divine - Water

Here was the list, don't think any new ones started since.

Benji started Fairy and Sousa started a Ghost run since he finished his Fighting one.

Which means I think the following are left:

Normal

Grass

Dragon

Flying

Ground

Rock

Steel

Psychic