Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Ok, I am bored by Omega Ruby.

I just beat beat the Gym Leader of the treehouses' town and I'm just struggling not to give up. It seems the entire storyline is just dull and standing in the way of me just wanting to catch every Pokémon possible. That's what I always felt while playing Pokémon, that the storylines are always formulaic and that I just want to end it so I can roam the continent and catch new Pokémon.

I never played the original Ruby, so maybe that's the reason I'm not really enjoying the game. Also, knowing I can't really catch all Pokémon is a little bit of a downer.

But, hey, at least I caught my first shiny Pokémon. A fucking Magikarp.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a female Marowak in my box (as per my GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL initiative in Y) and another Cubone that I bred from that Marowak, which raises SO MANY QUESTIONS about that skull.

Also my daughter started playing Omega Ruby this morning and didn't notice what I'd done until she got into a battle and BAM FUGGIN' KYOGRE IS HERE PRIMAL REVERSIONING ALL OVER YOUR MANY ENEMIES

• Like 1

Riolu needs to evolve because he sucks. I've also added a male Ralts (named Ric Flareon) to the reserve squad mostly because I'd like a Gallade anyway. The first gym was a snap, and I imagine the second one shouldn't be a problem either.

I think Hawlucha is (unfortunately) just going to end up being an HM slave since he's one of the few Fighting types that can learn Cut. The sixth will probably end up being either Iron Fist Hitmonchan or a No Guard Machamp, which I'd need to catch.

Actually, I started my Omega Ruby game, but I haven't had time to play a lot lately, and now I'm super confused. I think I'd be willing to start over if other people were also doing mono-type teams. Sousa has fighting which I would have done, but I could do Poison, Ice or Flying.

Edited by Carparama

Ice in OR is probably as tough a challenge as it gets. You will develop an undying hatred for Camerupt, as Sousa said.

You can get some really nice teams out of Flying though. Considering the high bulk of Dragon/Flying types and the all-round stat spread of the starter birds, there's a lot of room to build as you go along.

Additionally, Gyarados.

True, but with weaknesses to Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel, Ice is just generally terrible as a defensive typing.

Adding Water typing just trades Fire and Steel for Grass and Electric, which isn't really a beneficial trade off considering the vast quantities of Grass Pokemon.

I'd probably start with six eggs at the beginning, to be honest. That way I won't want to kill myself afterward.

If I did use ice, I'd probably use something like Delibird, Froslass, Abomasnow, Weavile, Mamoswine and maybe Walrein/Lapras/Aurorus/Avalugg/Cloyster. ...Yeah, I think I might claim ice. :)

My personal recommendation:

Abomasnow (Grass)

Froslass (Ghost)

Weavile (Dark)

Mamoswine (Ground)

Walrein (Water)

Glalie (Pure, Mega)

I'd also suggest Rotom-Frost for some useful Electric coverage, but I don't know how early you can change it's forms. Ice is kinda limited in the secondary typing department. Delibird is kinda useless, in my opinion at least, unless you get some good Egg Moves on it.

Of course it (Delibird) is. That's why I'd use it, or Farfetch'd, if I was doing a Flying challenge.. I'm not looking for a super competitive team. Just a fun way to play the game and not be bored by it.

My girlfriend is intrigued by the idea of a mono-type team, and said she'd like to try Electric. Is it possible to find out which types have been used and not used? An EWB Let's Play Monotype Pokemon challenge thing would be fun.

Edited by Carparama

I've decided I'll definitely be doing mono-Dark in a week or two. I need to get my exams out the way and then transfer anything worth having on my copy of AS to my copy of X by borrowing someone else's DS.

Not many of us have decided to do it yet from what I can see, so it's pretty open.

Plubby - Poison

Sousa - Fighting

Carparama - Ice

Carp's GF - Electric

Jericode - Dark

That leaves 14 types still if more people want to get in on it.