Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They definately need to implement some form of body weight/lifting weight system if they're sticking with the whole thing.

It would be fine if people who were actually light-heavyweights were listed as such in the game. Carlito, Chavo, Mercury, Nitro, Matt Hardy, and Shawn Michaels should all be in the light-heavyweight category since they're all under 230. Cruisers should be any male wrestler under 215, Heavyweights should be 231 - 300 lbs, and super-heavyweights should be anyone over 301 lbs.

As hard as it would be to program and it could be a real bitch to actually do, the only 100% surefire way to have a weight system that works would be for each wrestler to have a checklist of who they can and can't lift. Or actually have each wrestler's weight put into the game, then just set a limit that each wrestler stops being able to lift at.

Edited by timmayy Fenix

I don't think you need to go through all that, I think the system they have in place would work fine as long as people were in the right weight class. The light-heavyweights I listed above should be able to lift every heavyweight, but no super-heavyweights. And heavyweights should be able to lift most super-heavyweights. Of course there's going to be some issues, like RVD or Shelton Benjamin lifting the Undertaker, but that's not a huge deal. Guys like Big Show, Khali and Mark Henry should be special cases that only certain wrestlers can lift.

I just don't think it's possible for them to go through all that programming when they generally only get nine months to put the game together and as much as we may hate it, that's the nature of sports games.

Ta, yeah. I think that'd be the easier thing to pull off out of the two I put forward, and wouldn't be that hard at all. The checklist thing was always going to be a somewhat unfeisable solution.

The only ones who can brush off strikes should be Super-Heavyweights and up. Gregory Helms should be able to atleast punch or kick Matt Hardy. And adding the weight limits for finishers is gay.

I'm with you until the weight limits for finishers. Kid Kash should not be able to do the Dead Level to the Big Show and Chavo shouldn't be able to hit Khali with the Gory Bomb.

I like the idea of a "so many pounds" lift limit.

I'm in agreement here.

A guy like Gregory Helms is probably strong enough to suplex, body slam, or lift a guy the size of Matt Hardy, or at an even bigger size, maybe a Kurt Angle sort of size. I think the workers weight (and this should also take the strength stat into account), more than the actual weight class should be used to determine who can lift who.

Didn't one of the previous games (HCTP) use the workers strength stat to determine if a guy could lift a guy the size of Big Show or Kane? Guys like Steiner, Brock Lesnar, and Batista should have no problem lifting those sort of guys, while a guy like HHH who is a bit less in the power department might have some trouble.

Ta, yeah. I think that'd be the easier thing to pull off out of the two I put forward, and wouldn't be that hard at all. The checklist thing was always going to be a somewhat unfeisable solution.

I even think that's even somewhat interesting, because that could make for some good exceptions above the weight level if needed and it wouldn't be hard to have two lists for a created wrestler\preset one that goes like:

LIFT STUN (can attack with punches\kicks) CAN'T LIFT

And then, a press of X moves a guy from one to the other.

The only ones who can brush off strikes should be Super-Heavyweights and up. Gregory Helms should be able to atleast punch or kick Matt Hardy. And adding the weight limits for finishers is gay.

I'm with you until the weight limits for finishers. Kid Kash should not be able to do the Dead Level to the Big Show and Chavo shouldn't be able to hit Khali with the Gory Bomb.

I've always wanted the smackdown series to adopt a stat system like the thps series. Where your stats increase with the more you do certain things. My idea was this: You create your character and when you create your movelist you are limited to moves that match your weight division and you can select from the list of moves. And for finishers to begin with you have maybe 10 moves within each weightclass to select from.

During the matches in story mode , you get points for doing different things. You dive out of the ring say 6 times you get 6 points to add to your speed stat . and etc for the rest of the stats. once you get a stat to certain level more moves are unlocked in the create a move list section.

just did the last of the legends challenge, nice end too. Came down to me(Orton) and The Rock, he has me down, both in the red, he picks me up, I nail a low blow and BAM! RKO for the win :)

WOO-HOO! Beat Khali with Mickie. Got his head red, but he started to make a comeback, but rolled him up into a small package for the win. Yay, no more challenges :)

Edited by BlackFlagg

Wow! I just figured out how to razors edge people on the ladder thats set up in the corner. and for some reason my caw won't do the whole body slam on to ladder deal most characters do when you grapple opponent thats laying on a ladder. instead my guy does a legdrop. Guess it's depends on my fighting style.