The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

http://www.amazon.com/JLA-Vol-7-Tower-Babe...1371&sr=8-1

Has anyone read that (JLA: Tower of Babel) I was on IGN.com and was reading the top 25 batman stories and it was on the list. Seems like a good read and $11 is a good price. So yeah just wondering if anyone has read that arc and if it was good.

Has anyone read that (JLA: Tower of Babel) I was on IGN.com and was reading the top 25 batman stories and it was on the list. Seems like a good read and $11 is a good price. So yeah just wondering if anyone has read that arc and if it was good.

I'm looking at that right now, it seems like a solid story.

I also want to find Batman : The Cult , and perhaps Child Of Dreams.

Oh god, don't. It's terrible.

Really, shucks the review made it sound awesome.

To be fair, I read it about three years ago so my memory is hazy, but from what I recall, the plot was really dull and the art was hideous.

It's not a good time to get into Marvel for the same of a major event, WWH can't decide if Hulk is the big bad guy or everyone else is and all it is is Hulk beating on everyone, may be worth getting the main series but nothing else if you can help it, I look forward to The Sentry/Hulk confronation in Issue #5, mostly because we'll finally get to see Sentrys true power.

It's not a good time to get into Marvel for the same of a major event, WWH can't decide if Hulk is the big bad guy or everyone else is and all it is is Hulk beating on everyone, may be worth getting the main series but nothing else if you can help it, I look forward to The Sentry/Hulk confronation in Issue #5, mostly because we'll finally get to see Sentrys true power.

Major event wise, their Sci-Fi arm is doing Annihilation: Conquest which has a fair bit of potential. I've read Nova #4 and #5, Wraith #1 and #2 as well as the first issues of Starlord and Quasar and it seems pretty decent so far.

Really, shucks the review made it sound awesome.

Strange invoked the power of Zom, an old nemesis of his.

Also the Marvel Zombies/Evil Dead crossover is awesome.

If anyone is interested in selling any Trade Paperbacks, I'm interested in buying.

Specifically Ultimate Spider-Man from Vol 6 forward... but I'm willing to look at other ones too.

Basically, they've gotta be in good condition, we'll agree on a price, I'll send you money through PayPal, and you'll ship them to me... easy money. I know that some people read them and then think about selling them, so I figured I'd ask.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the Infinite Crisis hard back the other day (apparently its a bit of a bitch to get ahold of) and have read it through. It seems pretty good on the whole with some awesome moments

Black Adam goudging Psycho Pirate to death was ace, as were the Superboy/Superboy-Prime and Superman-2/Superboy-Prime fights.

I've also read the first two volumes of 52 and am actually quite impressed. I think I prefer it to Infinite Crisis. The Question has become one of my favourite comic book characters simply from that run so far, as has Black Adam.

Does the rest of 52 (ie, the second half) hold up in quality to the first?

In other DC reading-age, I read Batman: Hush the other day. Absolutely excellent piece of writing. Can anyone recommend me any similarly awesome Batman arcs?

On the Marvel side of things the new Thor issue is out soon which I'm looking forward to. Also, did peeps know that Penance has got his own comic coming out? I may just be tempted...

Due to DC losing the rights to Superboy (which is why Conner was killed off instead of someone using some brain cells to come up with a new name), Superboy Prime is now apparently Superman Prime according to an ad for a Tales of the Sinestro Corps special. Better than referring to him as SBP or just Prime (the latter name could have possibly led to a lawsuit from Marvel, as they own the former Ultraverse hero), but wasn't Superman in the future called "Superman Prime" during the whole DC 1,000,000 thing?

DC is bringing Ra's Al Ghul back finally, but I don't know when. Got the current Batman Annual when I went to pick up my comics a few days ago, and not only does the comic tell a partial origin of Ra's, which is cool, but they've retconned in an allied character of his named White Ghost who is supposed to have been around and working with Ra's since at least the 18th century or so, and that is NOT cool.

I am soooo glad I didn't pick up Amazon Attacks, because I read the ending and it was beyond stupid.