What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Four episodes in to the season of American Horror Story, enjoying it a lot.

I'm in the same spot coincidentally. (Assuming you're on Season One that is). I'm enjoying it a lot, but hope some of these questions I have will be answered and not just leave me hanging.

Yeah, the first season. Watched episode five now and some things do seem to be coming together so I'm hopeful.

I'm a big fan of the US version of Shameless and often wondered how the UK version was, so I've started watching it this week... I am finishing episode 5 of the 3rd season, it is fantastic... Both are similar and equally branch off in different directions that make them unique. Love them both! I have to say I am very dissapointed Fiona and Steve are out of the picture at the end of Season 2... And Veronica is nearly not getting enough screen time in season 3, which is a shame because she is easily my favorite character. I cannot STAND Sheila in this british version... The character is so annoying! Actress is ood at it, but i cannot stand the character in the least. So question now is... Does the UK version lose steam at all?

I'm watching Little Mosque (On The Prarie) on Hulu. I'm kind of sad that this was made by CBC, if only because I'm in the US far south of the Canadian/American border, so I never got to see it before now. It's a fairly decent show.

Finally watched The Dark Knight Rises, brilliant, brilliant movie.

And Wreck-It Ralph might be the greatest animation I've seen since Shrek 1.

So I'm guessing you've seen two animations.

Also, why do I keep clicking on spoiler tags I know I shouldn't?! :(

Finally watched The Dark Knight Rises, brilliant, brilliant movie.

And Wreck-It Ralph might be the greatest animation I've seen since Shrek 1.

So I'm guessing you've seen two animations.

Sadly for Raf the word Pixar is Portuguese for 'kiddyfiddler', so they've had to miss out.

Django Unchained (Y) (Y) Fucking fun. So good.

I'm not sure "fun" is the right word to describe it. I thought it was fairly well-done and I'm glad I watched it, but it was a very uncomfortable movie.

Oh yeah, some of it was very uncomfortable, but I came away from the film feeling overly entertained and some of the action and dialogue sequences are just fantastic and fun. I think I'd stand by that, but I see where you're coming from.

I think the intention was there, especially the bit with the dogs, but people are so desensitised(?) to film violence now that they dont find it too much. Particularly the internet forum demographic.

Edited by ZJ Penn

I'm a big fan of the US version of Shameless and often wondered how the UK version was, so I've started watching it this week... I am finishing episode 5 of the 3rd season, it is fantastic... Both are similar and equally branch off in different directions that make them unique. Love them both! I have to say I am very dissapointed Fiona and Steve are out of the picture at the end of Season 2... And Veronica is nearly not getting enough screen time in season 3, which is a shame because she is easily my favorite character. I cannot STAND Sheila in this british version... The character is so annoying! Actress is ood at it, but i cannot stand the character in the least. So question now is... Does the UK version lose steam at all?

Series 3 was where it peaked for me. It fizzled out in Series 4 and became the drizzling shits in Series 5.

Series 11 is starting this year. I have no idea how they've managed to keep going,