What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

There is definitely going to be some kids watching it, and I'm not sure how DC allowed this shit.

Maybe the parents shouldn't allow their kids to watch violent films? :shifty:

Trying to get my wife into The Walking Dead. Currently watching the fifth episode of season one. I've watched everything up through half way into season five, but this is her first time watching. She's not a fan of all the blood and gore, but slowly getting hooked into the story.

I'm watching It Follows for the second time. The first time was about four or five months ago and I loved it. It was the first horror movie I've watched in years that made me feel dread and made my stomach knot up. Even knowing what happens in this re-watch I feel the same way. Such an incredibly well done movie.

• Like 3

Watched a couple episodes of the second season of Blacklist today. I'm pretty sure I saw someone say that it gets ridiculous later in the series but honestly it's wasn't exactly grounded from the very beginning. I enjoy it though and really enjoy James Spader in this role.

Just watched a low budget, UK sci-fi film called Anti Matter (aka Worm). Really well done, great editing, great characters, the story actually kept me hooked more than a lot of sci-fi films. It was kind of like a Hitchcock film.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2017 at 03:00, Meacon said:

I'm watching It Follows for the second time. The first time was about four or five months ago and I loved it. It was the first horror movie I've watched in years that made me feel dread and made my stomach knot up. Even knowing what happens in this re-watch I feel the same way. Such an incredibly well done movie.

So different, but so good. I'll re-watch it at some point.

5 hours ago, VerBlood Drive said:

@MDK

Where are you in Blood Drive? I'm ready for the finale.

Err, I dunno, I had thought it finished with: 

Spoiler

That crazy episode when the old man turns out to be her sister (wtf?!) and Barbie goes batshit crazy and destroys everyone and all manner of madness happens

But that was only episode 11! I still have one ep and the finale to go.

Turns out it hasn't been renewed for a second series :( 

Saw IT tonight.  Very good, a solid B+ movie, but Bill Skarsgård was pretty damn scary as Pennywise

Watched Wonder Woman tonight. It was very very good which surprised the shit out of me because DC is not known for their movie game.  I've always been more of a DC fan but I've always had to admit that Marvel had the edge in the movie world, while DC killed them in the Television market. If they could duplicate this type of movie with the rest of their cast of characters, then they definitely have a chance. 

Just came back from It. Pretty good, although it doesn't quite measure up to the book. I love that the new Pennywise actor played it darker than Tim Curry did in the miniseries.

Ramblings/thoughts:

Spoiler

Most disappointing thing was probably that about halfway through the movie, it just became "Pennywise jumpscares the Losers individually, they narrowly escape", rinse and repeat.

Richie was a lot of fun for most of the movie, I thought. He came off as the one-liner kid to sorta break the tension after/during a heavy scene. Given the entire first part of the story is a scary clown preying on children, I appreciated it.

In order to advance the story and provide more scares I understand it, but I thought it was strange to have Stuttering Bill/the entire group figure out that they need to stick together... and then find ways to split off no matter what.

Finally, Bill Skarsgård was excellent. The R-rating allowed them to truly get across how horrifying Pennywise is, and thankfully the Georgie scene was not sanitized. I'm pretty excited to see how they do with the sequel.

Edited by Tyrone
  • Like 1