What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

On 5/16/2017 at 23:01, Benjamin said:

Your buttocks just couldn't handle its awesome-ness :angry:

Honestly, though, I don't even remember what happened in that movie, which is kinda' what you want from a popcorn action movie like that.

You. I like you. You understand the brilliance of the Independence Day series.

Just watched the season finale of Designated Survivor and

Spoiler

I did not sign up for the Atwood/Wells flashback feel trip :(

So, was with my girlfriend, my older sister and her boyfriend and we all decided to watch a scary movie. So we got some popcorn, prepared a hookah, grabbed some beers and browsed through Netflix. We couldn't decide on one because every one that looked good one of us had already seen.. we ended up settling on Stitches. I looked at reviews and they were all solid... then I watched it. The movie was god awful. It was one of the shittiest scary movies I've ever seen. It's praised for its death scenes, but it's death scenes are all unrealistic and cartoonish. The whole movie we were just laughing at how shitty it was, to be honest. Bad, bad choice. Don't watch it unless you want to watch a movie that's so bad that you'll laugh at it.

Been having a Indiana Jones marathon today. While Raiders of the Lost Ark is a absolute classic, I always seem to enjoy watching The Last Crusade more. I even like Kingdom of Crystal Skulls more than Temple of Doom.

Nah. I agree with your rankings, and that there's a giant gap between Raiders and Temple. But there's a giant gap between Temple and Crystal Skull, as well.

(Crystal Skull would have been somewhat better if Shia TheBeef had been absent.)

I binge watched through Atlanta today. Really enjoyed it, the writing is really smart and it's equal parts funny, touching, moving and thoughtful. Would recommend if you've not watched it. 

• Like 2

Really good movie weekend for me this week. Wonder Woman (2017), Buster's Mal Heart (2017) and Free Fire (2017), with Sunday still to go. Hope to watch Life (2017) and Table 19 (2017), and maybe finally get to John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017).

A good selection there, not seen Life or Table 19 but enjoyed the rest. Sadly my quality this weekend is lacking with me catching Baywatch today... Wasn't quite as bad as I anticipated but those were pretty low expectations going in so damned with faint praise there!

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Really good movie weekend for me this week. Wonder Woman (2017), Buster's Mal Heart (2017) and Free Fire (2017), with Sunday still to go. Hope to watch Life (2017) and Table 19 (2017), and maybe finally get to John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017).

Free Fire was fun but a little daft. And I really wasn't feeling John Wick 2... nowhere near as good as the first one. 

2 hours ago, lanky316 said:

A good selection there, not seen Life or Table 19 but enjoyed the rest. Sadly my quality this weekend is lacking with me catching Baywatch today... Wasn't quite as bad as I anticipated but those were pretty low expectations going in so damned with faint praise there!

I quite enjoyed Buster's Mal Heart solely for Rami Malek's really good performance. The rest of the movie was quite by the books, though. I'll probably only be able to watch Baywatch in like 3-4 months, can't see myself paying to watch that.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Free Fire was fun but a little daft. And I really wasn't feeling John Wick 2... nowhere near as good as the first one. 

Yeah, I felt the same, plus it became pretty damn draggy by the end, when everyone started crawling.

Not really into films at the moment, so I'm rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Near the end of season 3 right now. So good.

Does anyone know if there's a particular order I should watch Buffy season 4 with Angel season 1? Do I have to watch one episode of one, then one episode of the other - or can I watch six of one, and eight of the other? It's been so long since I've watched either I can't remember.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GA! said:

Not really into films at the moment, so I'm rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Near the end of season 3 right now. So good.

Does anyone know if there's a particular order I should watch Buffy season 4 with Angel season 1? Do I have to watch one episode of one, then one episode of the other - or can I watch six of one, and eight of the other? It's been so long since I've watched either I can't remember.

There's little things mentioned in "Angel" that take place on buffy during the first few episodes, so I will recommend to watch 1 of "Buffy" and then one of "Angel" for at leats the first 6 or 7 episodes.

• Like 1

Just watched Pele: Birth of a Legend. 

I care about soccer/futbol about as much as a fat kid cares about a tofu and wheatgerm diet, but the movie was really good. Pele has a blink or you'll miss it cameo, and does a voice over at the end. The movie does have quite a bit of dramatic license, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pele in general has a bit of dramatic license. Even ignoring his goal count, I read his autobiography a while back and after 15 or so chapters of being a good god fearing boy he suddenly reveals a string of affairs and illegitimate children...