What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is currently on iPlayer with an introduction by Steve Coogan for some reason.

Its a great film to watch now in 20whatever but I can't imagine how scary it might be to have watched in 1964 when the end of the world was always just around the corner.

• Like 3

I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night, and it's one of the worst blockbusters I've seen since Batman vs. Superman. Utterly dreadful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skummy said:

I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night, and it's one of the worst blockbusters I've seen since Batman vs. Superman. Utterly dreadful.

Ironically I remember it being completely forgettable. And it is one of the highest grossing films of all time.

10 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I love that movie. 

I think I've watched all of the post-apocalyptic-nuclear-armageddon films and this one is by far the best. 

22 minutes ago, MDK said:

Ironically I remember it being completely forgettable. And it is one of the highest grossing films of all time.

So was Avatar, and how many characters can you remember from that movie? 

People are just weird with blockbusters.

22 minutes ago, MDK said:

I think I've watched all of the post-apocalyptic-nuclear-armageddon films and this one is by far the best. 

I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and it was just incredible. I need to watch it again, it's been a couple of years.

On 18/11/2019 at 06:17, Josh Marenghi said:

Jojo Rabbit is the absolute truth, y’all.

I honestly could not believe how good it was. So emotional and yet so funny.

My favourite line was...

Spoiler

"You're not a Nazi. You're a boy."
"Well, I'm pretty into Swastikas so..."

• Like 1

After that ending...

Spoiler

I bawled harder than I can remember ever doing. I was collapsed into my fiancee’s chest for several minutes, just heaving with tears. I connected so hard with Jojo and everything just built up over time until that slow-building dance. Once it cut to credits the dam just exploded.

So many great filmmaking moments and a ton of laughs too.

”You may have heard a rumor that he has one ball. That’s not true.

He has four.”

• Like 1

Finished watching Man in the High Castle last night. Definitely worth a binge now every episode is up on Amazon Prime.

watched the first episode of the BBC War of The Worlds.

Not sure what to make of it. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, and spends much of the first episode being a slow-burning period drama, but with some of the most heavy-handed social and political allegory imaginable, including the actual line, "that's not very progressive". It wasn't bad, but wasn't particularly compelling either. Hopefully it will improve once the actual Martian War starts, so I'll give it another shot.

saw Ford V. Ferrari tonight and really enjoyed it

I watched Crocodile Dundee and Turner & Hooch today.

(Turner & Hooch spoilers, I know it's 30 years old but there's no harm in being careful!!)

Spoiler

WHY DID THE DOG HAVE TO DIE? :(