What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

It's a show about a bunch of absolute egotistical, greedy, primadonna assholes who exploited animals over and over again while pretending to call themselves "animal lovers".

I've seen a lot of sympathy for both sides of this, for both Carol & Joe. Honestly, they're both pieces of shit.

The sanest people seem to definitely be the workers at Joe's zoo, Saff in particular, but it could have just been the way the doc was framed out. They did seem to be the ones that cared the most about the animals as well as their fellow human beings. At the same time, they almost definitely were involved in Joe's bullshit war against Carol as well. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:
  Hide contents

Joe is nuts but I feel like Carole definitely was involved in her husband's death. He didn't just disappear. I think he was straight up fed to the tigers and she had help from someone (probably his handyman or her brother) to make it look like he disappeared. Joe's attitude towards Carole keeps getting more and more insane as the episodes go on so strap yourself in!

The most "sane" people in the entire thing are the Tony Montana guy (who is still clearly insane "I mean I didn't do it but I was there when they used the circular saw"), the guy with the prosthetic legs and the girl with a missing arm (who both are still around all this insanity which says a lot about them as well.)

I think I'm 4 or 5 episodes in now, and I think I like the reality TV producer guy the most, but then he gets dragged in with the fire and shit and its like, is there one normal fucker involved at all.

11 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I think I'm 4 or 5 episodes in now, and I think I like the reality TV producer guy the most, but then he gets dragged in with the fire and shit and its like, is there one normal fucker involved at all.

I wasn't convinced he had anything to do with the fire, as he pointed out he had a lot to lose from the fire financially and nothing really to gain, I think it was most likely another one of Joe's fantastic ideas. He was still a trash person because he saw what was going on at the zoo and wanted to exploit it for trashy reality TV.

Having just finished watching the whole thing, fuck the lot of them. The only one I really particularly felt sorry for was the long hair shaggy looking dude working for Joe.

I think a lot of Joes employees had only the best intentions but they were still complicit in a lot of the shady shit that must have happened. When he broke down on his bed drunk feeling heartbroken about the tigers though, that was a shame.

Overall I'd give Don't Fuck With Cats part 2 a solid B+. The constant escalation of weird shit was mental but I don't think there was any real sense of "this is fucking mindblowing" that other docs give you. I'd love to see well, pretty much everyone else get brought down as well after this.

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Having just finished watching the whole thing, fuck the lot of them. The only one I really particularly felt sorry for was the long hair shaggy looking dude working for Joe.

Hide contents

I think a lot of Joes employees had only the best intentions but they were still complicit in a lot of the shady shit that must have happened. When he broke down on his bed drunk feeling heartbroken about the tigers though, that was a shame.

Overall I'd give Don't Fuck With Cats part 2 a solid B+. The constant escalation of weird shit was mental but I don't think there was any real sense of "this is fucking mindblowing" that other docs give you. I'd love to see well, pretty much everyone else get brought down as well after this.

Yeah I’m pretty much the same. The only person in the whole thing that was in any way sane was the assistant to Carole’s obviously murdered first husband.

Every single other fucking person is fully mental.

Really did enjoy it though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been using quarantine to watch films I've been meaning to tick off for years; loved Celine and Julie Go Boating, Tokyo Story, Synecdoche, New York and Wild River, appreciated Once Upon A Time In The West, West Side Story and Through A Glass Darkly. 

In terms of recent stuff, I thought The Sisters Brothers and Bacarau were both great.

Private Life (starring Paul Giamatti and Kathryn Hahn), which is on Netflix, completely caught me off guard. It's such a beautiful movie, full of compassion, had my in me tears. Would fully recommend as the best hidden gem on Netflix. 

Edited by Jimmy

Its my birthday, and since I really can't go do anything (except for a short trip to Walmart earlier), I've just been chillaxing and watching movies on cable:

1. Little - Damn funny movie. You could do worse than watching it.

2. X-Men: Dark Phoenix - As if things hadn't made it clear already, this officially cements the FIRST CLASS era movies as not tied to the other X-Men movies with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, because some shit goes down that can't jibe with those.

Mystique dying, for instance

. Plus, they already did a shitty job with Dark Phoenix in THE LAST STAND, aka the worst X-Men movie)

3. Happy Death Day 2 U - Just got done watching this one. More comedy than the first movie, and I actually didn't figure out who the killer was halfway through like I did with the first film. MUCH better than the first.

Took a long break, and watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Better than the movie before it, aka "The Boring Adventures of Lt. Brody, Guest-Starring Godzilla". But I really wish they had titled it something else, considering the very first Godzilla movie is called Godzilla, King of the Monsters. (Well, Gojira, if you want to go with the original Japanese title...)

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...