What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I love sci-fi and I do enjoy budget sci-fi because it always seems like they can get a good story out without having to base it all on MICHAEL BAY SPECIAL EFFECTS. ARQ was good. Somewhere between Edge of Tomorrow and something else. Really good, one of those films set in nearly one location and keeps doing alright thru the film. I recommend it, I think its on Netflix.

Love is another one of those low budget sci-fi films. Like a really, really low budget Interstellar. Set on the ISS. That is all I will say. I will probably need to watch it again to take it all in since I was also watching the football.

Los Punks is a pretty neat little documentary about the LA punk scene in predominately Hispanic neighborhoods. It follows a 25 year old guy called Nacho who promotes shows in peoples' backyards, the trials and tribulations of running shows in someone's backyard, and the bands that play these shows. It's on Netflix, well worth checking out.

Hardcore Henry. Hands down this is one of the most fun films I have ever seen. I'm a sucker for really stupid action films and this is one of the best I've seen. The gimmick didn't get old to me, if it wasn't as ridiculous it wouldn't have been this good. Its like Crank written by Hideo Kojima and directed by whoever made Doom (the game). And the music is superb. Oh, and I love Sharlto Copely. I dunno if it was in my mind but there were quite a few nods to different films in there.

2 hours ago, I DDT 'Em. said:

What'd you think? Did it live up to the hype? I only saw this a few years ago and having only known of Freddy, I didn't know the comedy didn't come in until later movies

Yes it lived up to the hype as long as you remember that it's a movie from the mid eighties. I too was only familiar with the comedy Freddy and let's just say that this wasn't a comedy. Don't close your eyes because Freddy was going to get you not even The Fresh Prince stood a chance. I think it's worth at least one way from you D'Monz. I'm glad I watched it and now I know because I'm not a big horror movie fan.

The remake didn't work because no one is ever going to be better than Robert Englund as Freddy, But I do like the twist that

Freddy was actually innocent of the child molestation he was accused of and was murdered for.

On 10/10/2016 at 15:48, MDK said:

Hardcore Henry. Hands down this is one of the most fun films I have ever seen. I'm a sucker for really stupid action films and this is one of the best I've seen. The gimmick didn't get old to me, if it wasn't as ridiculous it wouldn't have been this good. Its like Crank written by Hideo Kojima and directed by whoever made Doom (the game). And the music is superb. Oh, and I love Sharlto Copely. I dunno if it was in my mind but there were quite a few nods to different films in there.

Yes.