What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

21 hours ago, Jericode said:

Doctor Strange was awesome, Benedict Cumberbatch is going to fit right into the MCU, he was superb.

The mid-credits scene is awesome too!

Is it just the one credits scene?

Doctor Strange was a really fun addition to the universe and was impressively able to visually set itself apart from the rest of the films. I also thought it did a pretty great job at setting up a strong sequel possibility without sacrificing a satisfying first chapter. I think the origin story mistakes remain, it doesn't exactly do anything new narratively, but it's a nice spin on it either way. 

American Honey is special, the best thing I've seen this year alongside Moonlight. I can't stop thinking about it. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

American Honey is special, the best thing I've seen this year alongside Moonlight. I can't stop thinking about it. 

It's got 'American' in the title. Guess I'm watching it as part of the Oscars Best Picture nominees come January.  :P

39 minutes ago, GA! said:

It's got 'American' in the title. Guess I'm watching it as part of the Oscars Best Picture nominees come January.  :P

Ha, not quite the Oscar bait you'd think: directed by Andrea Arnold (Fish Tank, Red Road) and Shia LeBouf is the only recognised star amongst a cast of unknowns. It's an unbelievable film, I can't even put it into words: just a stunning combination of imagery, music and atmosphere.