What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I've been watching a lot of the back half of Season 2 Chuck. The entirety of this season - but especially the last half of the season - is still probably my favorite portion of television ever. 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2016 at 13:35, LarsLars said:

Sully (2016), Aaron Eckhart's mustache owns here. It's the greatest ever. But damn Tom Hanks is one of the best actors ever right?

I saw that film but I couldn't get past the moustaches. Oscar worthy performance from Eckhart's and surely a best supporting moustache for Hanks, right?

Midnight Special was a bit shit. Generic sci-fi plot, lots of silences and a naff ending. Good cast completely wasted too since they had nothing to do bar look miserable. I'm sure some of the ambiguity was to "make me think", but all it made me think was that if this was an 42 minute X-Files episode there might have been some characterisation...

• Like 1

Love Actually is so of its time and I absolutely love it for it -- I think it's the kind of film that, if you didn't watch it when it came out, it's not exactly an easy film to like quite as much. It's obviously a bit shit and cliche, but it's always on at Christmas and is still somehow kind of great. 

So, I saw Tom Ford's second effort Nocturnal Animals last night and I am very mixed about it. The subplot in the movie (that eventually takes over most of the movie) is far more interesting and engaging than the "present" story being told. I get what Ford was trying to do with it, but I don't think it works entirely. I had a good time because I could honestly watch that subplot as the movie itself and I'd very much enjoy it.

3 hours ago, LarsLars said:

Swiss Army Man (2016), Paul Dano and Radcliffe rock this film. It's weird, it's moving, it's utterly brilliant. Daniel Radcliffe, best corpse ever.

I couldn't get past the first 15 minutes. 

I'm not saying it's Oscar worthy. I just loved it and not the farts. 

"If you don't know Jurassic Park, you don't know shit."

"Before the Internet every girl was a lot more special."

"If my best friend hides his farts from me then what else is he hiding from me, and why does that make me feel so alone?"

"But maybe everyone's a little bit ugly. Yeah, maybe we're all just ugly, dying sacks of shit and maybe all it'll take is one person to just be okay with that."

How quotable is this? right? 

TV-wise, y'all Donators know my love of Designated Survivor. Just caught up to the mid-season break and is the break over already?

Movie? Uh...in full, I'd have to go with Twister. I spent most of the film silently cursing the near-constant stream of scientific inaccuracy, a thread I intend to explore further if I ever get my movie watchthrough project off the ground. I really don't watch as many movies as I should.

• Like 1