The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Ok say you might want a PSP. It's 200 bucks right? Wow thats a lot of money but its sleek and looks totally cool. Now you find out walmart has it on sale for only #130. BUT there is a catch. It's the bright purple Hannah Montana edition! :w00t: What do you do?

What's the catch?

• Like 2

Ok say you might want a PSP. It's 200 bucks right? Wow thats a lot of money but its sleek and looks totally cool. Now you find out walmart has it on sale for only #130. BUT there is a catch. It's the bright purple Hannah Montana edition! :w00t: What do you do?

What's the catch?

Sounds like good bait to me

:wub:

But does it have a laminate scree cover? You know..for like protection in case anything sticky gets all over the screen.

About me buying the Wii, I gave up on the PS3 as a games system as you can basically get everything on the 360. I'll continue to get the PS3 exclusives I want. The Wii though has games you can only get on that system. I've been having a blast with the new Super Mario Bros. game. I still really like the PS3 but right now it's better as a movie player for me.

I just realised, while on a wikipedia trawl, that Nolan North does the voices for both Desmond from Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, and Nathan Drake from Uncharted. I know it's not big news but I was a bit surprised.

He's done LOADS of video game work though (including the Prince in Prince of Persia 2008).

I just realised, while on a wikipedia trawl, that Nolan North does the voices for both Desmond from Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, and Nathan Drake from Uncharted. I know it's not big news but I was a bit surprised.

He's done LOADS of video game work though (including the Prince in Prince of Persia 2008).

I KNEW IT! I was certain they were the same voice but never got around to checking it and/or posting it here. The voice is basically the same too, not too much variation.

I KNEW IT! I was certain they were the same voice but never got around to checking it and/or posting it here. The voice is basically the same too, not too much variation.

The prince from Prince of Persia basically is Nathan Drake with a facelift.

The prince from Prince of Persia basically is Nathan Drake with a facelift.

I never played POP, I was referring to Desmond.

Is Keith David in any of those games? I think these two have the lock on voice acting in video games.

North did Shadow Complex too, only they went one step further and took Nathan Drake's character model as well as his voice.

I borrowed my cousins ps3 while he is out of town and while playing Bioshock I noticed at the very beginning(where the screen says this game uses autosave) right after I hit ok I hear a slight pop. it only happens once and at the exact same place.

This doesn't happen with any other games. I keep the system clean of dust and etc so I hope it's not failing will be kind of bummed if I return him a bricked ps3. Anyone had this problem ? could it be the hard drive starting up ?

You know what's weird? I've probably spent £300+ on games since I brought my PS3, but what game do I probably play the most of all?

Crash Team Racing. Me and my mates have a fucking fan-dabi-dozi time whenever we play it.

New Firmware is comming. Something somewhat usefull for once.

PSP Minis will play on the PS3 aswell now and they are planing for some kind of easy Data Transfer via ethernet in case you have more than one PS3.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/08/ps3-system-software-update-3-15/

The PS3 Data Copy sounds like bullshit. Read the comments and the Mod answering them.

Hi Hirndoctor, you can copy all PS3 save data except for game saves that are protected by the game publishers through the transfer utility. Please check in the game manual for Killzone to find out if the game saves are protected

That would be games like Rock Band and Little Big Planet for example.

You can NOT transfer Singstar DLC through the transfer utility but you should be able to re-download it on the new machine (however some tracks may no longer be available on the store)

Becaus not getting what you paied for is such a fan-dabi-dozi bussines concept.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I picked up "Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars" from the Store for £7.99 the other day, despite being well aware that it was going for $4.99 in the US a couple of weeks ago. After playing the trial with my nephews, I couldn't get enough so just went ahead and bought the full game.

It's probably the most fun I've had on the PS3 for ages. For those that don't know, an easy way to explain it would be that you're controlling a little car which can do all sorts of crazy jumps and flips, with the aim being to hit a giant ball into the opposing team's goals. In the full game there's also 20 mini-games to play so it's not all about the "football" side of it.

It supports up to 8 players online (for a 4v4 match) and 4 player local play. You can also use custom soundtracks and upload any matches you have to Youtube, or just save them to your HDD. There's nothing like flinging (is that a word? :shifty:) your car across the arena to prevent the ball from going in.