The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Call Of Duty hands down.

The multiplayer if fun to mess around with once you become casually experienced with the game, but "campaign" is simple enough to teach you every basic of a FPS.

Also the controls are very simple.

Edited by Captain Eo

Valkyria Chronicles is fuckin' awesome.

EDIT: Though when I recruited Jann into my squad and I saw "Fancies Men" and the makeup, I let out of a pre-emptive groan and sure enough - Jann Walker is the stereotypical "flamer".

• Like 1

Is Vagrant Story any good?

It's on the PSN for 6 Euro and it's by Square Enix, which is usualy enough for me to buy it but was just wondering what EWB thought of it.

With Final Fanatsy 8 coming out on PSN at some point this month, and Metal Gear Solid already out, this could be a busy month for my PSP Go

Edited by Hugobombski

It's on the PSN for 6 Euro and it's by Square Enix, which is usualy enough for me to buy it but was just wondering what EWB thought of it.

With Final Fanatsy 8 coming out on PSN at some point this month, and Metal Gear Solid already out, this could be a busy month for my PSP Go

It's set in Ivalice, so if you're a big fan of FF XII, it might be worth grabbing.

I've only played it for about eight hours, as I'm currently busy trying to play Tools Of Destruction and Valkyria Chronicles simultaneously, but I can honestly say that it seems to be a BIG bargain. It's almost ten years old now so the graphics are understandably dated, but the art style is great for the most part. The battle system is based on combos initiated by button presses and attacking certain body parts of an enemy - it has enough depth to make it interesting and new combo techniques seem to pop up all the time. I can't tell you much story-wise except that Square Enix give you a lot to mull over in the first few hours - plus, the main villain appears to be awesome.

All in all, if you like Square Enix (namely Final Fantasy), I think you'll be happy paying 6 Euros for what you get with this game. As Momo says, it does have a FFXII style about it, although it does put you in the action much quicker than 12. The above is based on only eight hours of play time though, so my opinion could change <_< .

PSN Maintenance Scheduled Today

The PSN will undergo maintenance today for a scheduled period of nine hours. Though the service is not expected to go dark for the duration of the tidy-up, you may get unceremoniously booted off the network at 21:00

Full text from Community Team Leader MusterBuster

All,

Please be aware that the PlayStation Network will undergo scheduled maintenance today from 16:00 GMT.

During the maintenance, you will still be able to sign-in to the PlayStation Network provided that you have signed in recently (eg: within the past month). However, you may experience an unexpected sign out towards 21:00 tonight when we restart our systems. Also: Account Registration, Account Management and the PlayStation Store will be unavailable for the entirity of the maintenance.

Maintenance will take place between:

16:00 – 0100 Tuesday 12th Jan – Wednesday 13th Jan

Well the Europeans amongst us could always play the ModNation Racers beta instead. Supplies are limited to 100,000 though. January 21st is the date.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/01/11/modnation-racers-european-beta-incoming/

Also, speaking of Heavy Rain. That American box art is awful, they should have used the European one and left it as it was.

Completed ACII yesterday but only rented it for the week so haven't got all the trophy's yet. Gonna just borrow it off a mate and try and platinum it.

Quite enjoyed it, a lot more than the tiresome and repetitive first AC. Lots more variety - at least it seems as such - and better all round controls. I still wish they'd find a different way of having the guards chase you because it seems like everyone in those days could scale impossible buildings with relative ease. Aside from that, good game with lots of Prince of Persia moments, and that can only be a good thing.

anyone with the 3.00 firmware update noticed that games will not auto start anymore. I have what's new turned off and auto start turned on in the settings but the games won't auto start.games still work perfectly though I just miss having the game load up automatically when I power on the system.

Also about Assassins Creed II is it as buggy as the first one. I couldn't complete the first due to random freezing.