The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Bound in Blood?

Graham Linehan does an excellent piece on it in Charlie Brooker's rather entertaining one off videogame documentary.

It put me off playing it to be honest.

So the character pulling out the guns to the lady and saying "Don't Move, Bitch" put you off playing it? That put you off?

Bound in Blood?

Graham Linehan does an excellent piece on it in Charlie Brooker's rather entertaining one off videogame documentary.

So the character pulling out the guns to the lady and saying "Don't Move, Bitch" put you off playing it? That put you off?

Not as much as the reviews. :shifty:

So, I need to use by Best Buy card in order to improve my credit score so that I don't just have 2K in dormant credit sitting around. PSP or PS3? I have an HDTV, so that's not of concern.

Bound in Blood?

Not as much as the reviews. :shifty:

Don't always go by that. Give the game a try, if you like CoD and basically any current FPS, you'll probably end up enjoying it, unless you don't like Cowboys.

Has anyone managed to complete Killzone 2 on elite mode yet?

It's just that bastard Radec at the end. Either I keep getting killed, Rico needs medical assistance (and thus get's me killed) or the battle is dragging on so long I get bored. I remember it was hard enough on easy/normal.

I never got past level 1 on Killzone.

However I did play a load of the online mode and got pretty good at it during the 2 months I played it pretty much solid...

I was the same, except I hated the online. I pretty much hated the whole game. I especially hated how much I looked forward to it and the fact I pre-ordered it and brought at full retail price for such a piece of crap!

hey guys ive been reading up about ps3 cause im thinking of buying one, im from the uk and reading through many websites im seeing alot of different stories, i have a few ps1 games and some websites say they all work on the new ps3s and others saying they wont, mainly due to being in europe could anyone help me out sorry if this has been asked before

I have a PS3 and I've never had any problems playing PS1 games on it. It actually plays some of the PS1 games I own that the PS2 couldn't. If you're asking if non-PAL games will work though, I have no idea.

I had an English PS3 and American and Japanese PS3 games worked fine on it. I dunno if PS1 games from those countries would have worked on it.

I now have a Japanese PS3 and my English and US PS3 games work fine on it. Not tried any PS1 games (because I don't have any with me over here).

PS3 Games are Regionfree.

From Wikipedia:

Like the CD-i and the Panasonic 3DO, the PlayStation 3 is one of the few home consoles to be advertised as region-free. However, while region free for PS3 games, there is region locking for backwards compatible PS2 and PS1 games, as well as DVD and Blu-ray Disc movies.

In general, it seems most Blu-rays are region free but you can check http://regionfreemovies.com/ to confirm.

Most Blu-Rays but not all. On my Japanese PS3 I can't play the following British-bought Blu-Rays.

A Knight's Tale (gutting)

3:10 To Yuma (more gutting)

Sexy Beast (also gutting)

Some of my Japanese Blu-Rays wouldn't work on a UK system such as the new James Bonds.