The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Baddar, my roomate and I are stuck too with trying those missions just the two of us. We can help, too.

For what it's worth, I should be on it tomorrow from around 12:30pm my time. We'll have to get on together soon.

When are you free? I can't do tonight, but any other week night up until 11pm UK time works for me.

Anybody find a decent deal on a replacement HDD? I know any 2.5" HDD will work - best one I've found thus far is a 320GB for $40 via Amazon - but I get a sneaking suspicion I could do better.

Unless you are aiming at anything special in low noise or speed (pretty much SSD, which is a great investment - even with the sata 1,5 , my 2009 MacBook is sprinting with it) my general rule of thumb is go as big and cheap as possible.

Angry Birds Trilogy ($39.99)

Angry Birds is taking flight for the first time ever and crashing on PlayStation 3 systems everywhere! Includes: 3 Best-Selling Angry Birds games and 19 exclusive levels.

ESRB: E // File Size: 1.8 GB

R U SHITING ME? :D 40$? 1.8GB? What tze häll!

I am not annoyed. Head-shaking is good exercise. They must have don something different to these games? Animation clips in betwen or something? I can buy each of theses games for my Mac at 4,40€ and they are about 30-60MB,

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I did a bit of research yesterday. The cutsceens are now animated instead of screenshots ( i asume thats adding to the filesize) and there are a bunch of exclusive levels. But only 18 or something in that range. Aperently it plays very well with the PS3 controler, but why wouldend it with the stick.

The price is still overshooting it´s target anyway. It´s twice the big screen PC full price for some animations and a small amount of levels if you consider how many you get.

Bought and downloaded Persona 3 (PSP edition) for Vita. The pop-up character conversations suit the game ok so don't feel it's much weaker than PS2 version yet (after 10mins play).

Anyway, Virtue's Last Reward addiction continues with my squeezing in sessions before sleep, on the loo, waiting for shower, quiet moments.... 16 hours in and two thirds of the way there I think. Completed most of two of the three time line chunks (except for some endings that require you to learn other stuff from other time lines to progress past). It continues to tell a good and deep story with surprising parts. Just annoyed that if you make a selfish decision you're seen as a baddie while if some others make a selfish decision it's seen as kinda ok and understandable.

Apparently a Vita only holds up to 100 Apps (i dident even know there were as many?!)

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/17/report-ps-vita-32gb-memory-card-can-display-100-apps-no-more/

Wassent resistance 3 one of theses games that supported two player 3D? So everyone got a fullscreen 2D Version.