The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Not liking the new Playstation Store. No doubt I'll get used to it but it seems to have gone the route of going for more prettiness at the cost of losing some simplicity and ease of use.

I have barly used it by now. But the old store was anything but easy to use. I still don´t get how they could be stupid enough to bring backgrounds that made text of the store contend unreadable.

I love steam big picture mode, so much easier on the eye. Controls better, it´s easier to write with a controler. It´s going to be a beast once it´s don.

It's horrible, the fact you have to go through the checkout procedure to download a free demo is just daft. The old one was well laid out and barring the very occasional annoying background was easy to find all the price drops etc. This feels slow, pointlessly massive, and the sound effects are rubbish. I miss that 'bring!' when it opens. :(

I like the new PS Store, reminds me a lot of MetroUI/Windows 8, but with good wallpaper. As people have said though, it does seem slow (but I chalked that up to my internet connection being really fussy as of late), but it seems to be missing a lot of stuff that used to be on it. For example, I wanted to try the PES, but there isn't a PES13 on it, so I decided to re-download the demo for PES12. You can't find it via searching, so I had to go on my download lists and find it that way.