The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Again, my phone can be operated by recognizing my face, why not a control that knows my heartbeat?

You think its going to have a DNA lab in a remote? Then send that data to... where exactly? Then use this same needle on other people because hepatitis is fun to share?

Pure paranoid fantasy.

GTA3 is $10, which is right at that price point where I'm on the fence. Especially with Amazon already having Sleeping Dogs at $40, leading me to believe it'll be close to $20 this holiday season.

Tokyo Jungle just strikes me as a game where reading about others' journeys will entertain me more than the game itself. Hamster's excursions have been good reading, for instance.

20 for sleeping dogs come the xmas rush?

I dont think that will happen man. Thats hoping it gets a 50% discount in two months.

To be fair, it's already had a 33% discount in just under two months since its release. Rockstar & Valve have set the bar when it comes to game discounts, disappointing sales or not. I think this holiday season may see some excellent deals.

I almost took out a cow with a cat. :shifty:

I don´t know how many times i died in Tokio jungle just because there was a crocodile or a lion around a corner. But my best kill to date was when i accidentally attacked a herd of sheep while fighting a boss, they took out my prime pack of Sika Deer in seconds. :lol:

The crows/ravens have killed my stupid little dog a few times now. Also died of hunger once because there just weren't any animals around.

...and another time I was wandering along when a bunch of sheep legged it past, being pursued by a pack or the same kind of dog (Shibaken?) so I joined the chase. The sheep ran off so I attacked one of the dogs and they all attacked and killed me. :(

I hate those stupid dogs but they're hugely popular in Japan because they're native and if there's one thing the Japanese love, it's supporting their own products.

That's the problem really. In making it random animals it also makes it really good (sometimes you just see ridiculously big or crazy stuff charging around) but also really bad and you just starve to death through no fault of your own.

There should probably have been some kind of coding added to maintain a minimum population.

Yeah, I'm not an idiot. There was nothing to eat.

The desperate female is not interested in Drags Forte.

Common, you got what holes to carry you over. Whats way more hard is tox, especially when the cloud follows you from district to district.

You also can get your pack to carry food for you (Tap, then hold circle when a pack mate is near the food.) or carry it yourself. A pig is worth lot´s of meals like that.

Attacking a horse with my cat was not a good idea.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Honestly, Tokyo Jungle is unpolished and all sorts of random, but if enough people buy this and word of mouth is strong, I could see a strong sequel being made. It really is such an open-ended premise that has so much potential. Right now, the game is awesome for me, but I just wish the city was bigger, there was more animals and there was more silliness (like more outfits... come on! How great is that?!)

Edit: Also, I am disappointed that there is no pugs in this game. The fact I had to google "are there pugs in Tokyo Jungle?" also makes me kinda pathetic.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Yeah, i think there are better games. But i can see myself picking tokio jungle up every now and than, play with a new animal i unlocked the last time i played and unlock a new one.

Have guys tested multiplayer yet? I have not, i am not sure if it´s imense fun or if it´s just draging on to long inbetwen the action (sometimes) for a good multiplayer title.