The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Luckily I still have an old PS2 controller and an adapter that works pretty well. What is it about older technology being so much more reliable? >_>

PS2 controllers are the best controllers ever made in every category if you ask me. I use my old ones with adapters as well (never had a problem asides the missing functions that you barley ever need on multiplayer games)

I've got 2 DualShock 3s, both I've had since I got my PS3 in 2008 and they both work perfectly, can't complain about them at all. Best controllers I've ever used. Saying that now, they're just bound to crap out tomorrow <_<

Captain Hammer would be the better choice!

I've had controllers since 2007 which are fine. I got one here to so have four I believe. However, one now seems to have developed sticky analogue sticks.

I have two DS3s and two DS2s.

I think the main "problem" with DS3 are the L2 and R2 triggers. The spring of the R2 button suffers a lot when plaing games like GTA, I had to replace one once because it did not have the strength any more to fully "unpush" the button. It was a royal pain.

I think thats pretty much the only difference, but this little bit of durability makes the DS2 superior in my opinion. Sixaxis costing money in every controller and "never" being used/being replaced by move (?) is another thing.

No reason not to use a DS3 - after you paid it and as long as the springs work it´s just as good as the DS2 and wireless as a bonus.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The vast majority of reviews have been positive as far as I'm aware. The game took me a little while to get into, but I got quite addicted as my character started levelling up. I only played it solo, though, and it's supposedly an even better experience with friends.