The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Whats the deal with the Playstation store? I pre ordered Papo & Yo and it's not available yet.

Looks like the store hasn't update yet. They've had a string of early updates over the last few weeks, but with Gamescom going on, it may be later this evening when it finishes updating.

I got it and it's amazing! :w00t: So wonderful :)

After not touching my PS3 for a few weeks, I started playing MGS4 again so I can trophy it. My god now I remember why it's my least favourite of the series. So many cutscenes that last forever, no idea what's going on and for most of the game you don't even get to sneak around that much.

I'm sure its probably been asked before, but does anyone else have bother with fan noise and does anyone have a sensible solution that actually works? Mine puffs like an old horse after five minutes these days but its not particularly hot air. It's not enclosed, I've tried raising it, horizontal or vertical etc etc. A shop nearby offers services for £30, worth a go?

Anyone have Siren: Blood Curse? If so, is it any good?

After not touching my PS3 for a few weeks, I started playing MGS4 again so I can trophy it. My god now I remember why it's my least favourite of the series. So many cutscenes that last forever, no idea what's going on and for most of the game you don't even get to sneak around that much.

Simple FAQ for MSG4's plot:

Q: (Insert any possible question here)

A: Nanomachines.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I've since decided that t' main plot of MGS4 is that all that really Snake wants is a cigarette, but people keep stopping him.

But why are they stopping him?

That's right, nanomachines.

Seriously, they rely on "Nanomachines did it" so much that it's pretty much a valid explanation for any plot query in t' series.

Except for who t' hell performed t' Boss' freakish Cesarian. That we'll never know.

Try vacuum.

Because static electricity is good for computer systems?

You can use a low setting with a brush on t' vents with no charge at all. I wouldnt open it up and go in there.

You should have qualified it earlier.

My PS3 controller wouldn't connect and now it's just freaking out and the lights are flashing. When it was connected, it didn't seem to be charging though...

I can't believe how much they charge for a new one, £40 for a controller is beyond ridiculous. I shouldn't have to pay the full amount of a game just to be able to play any of my games. :(

Luckily I still have an old PS2 controller and an adapter that works pretty well. What is it about older technology being so much more reliable? >_>