The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I want to play Persona 4, I really do, but the 'intro' is just so long I get put off it every time I load up. And with my PS3 yellow lighted, I'd have to start over on my PS2 >_<

I will be playing Persona 4 soon!

But first...Persona 3! Starting tonight, I think.

We could synchronise our playage of Persona 4! :D

Wanna wait a few months? :P

So, I got about 2 hours into Persona 3...and died. Forgot to save after the first dungeon....now I am gonna have to repeat that. Shit. <_<

The mechanic of you getting KOed in battle=game over? That is going to be annoying.

Everything else with this game? I love. The voices are great, the graphics are pretty good for PS2, I like the story, the battles are interesting...I think I'm really going to like this game :D

Luckily they fix the no-auto-AI rule in P4... but yeah, There's going to be some frustration about losing when Main dies.

You want frustration though, play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. I've had game overs before my first turn in battle there.

Try to get persona that are strong or null against Light and/or Dark spells for later on. You can do fine with having Persona that are weak to those early on, but you REALLY don't want to be vulnerable to Light/Dark spells when the enemy has them... because they're auto-kill if they hit.

Also, studying and shit isn't completely useless, so if your buddies aren't up to going to Tartarus, hit the books instead.

This should go without saying, but it's a good idea to have a balanced party at all times: One of each of the basic elements.

Don't rely on your buddies too much though, because they like to do shit that makes no sense, like trying to use charm spells on bosses.

Other than that, have fun. Persona 3 and 4 have the best examples of storytelling in gaming and you'll enjoy every second of it (well, unless you're like me and think the ending to the second chapter in Persona 3: FES was lame, but the fact that the second chapter is chiefly about the least interesting character hurts it.)

Now if PSN will put Persona 1 and 2 up sometime...

Awesome. Was tempted by the Walking Dead episodes but that's totally sold me on it. Does it spoil the TV show at all? I hope not.

Not at all. TellTale has said there will be cameos, but this is supposed to take place while Rick is still in his hospital room.

Actually it DOES have a spoiler...

In part two, your group learns that you don't have to be bit to turn.

Anyone going to try and Platinum it? I'll probably play through again because I loved the game and it's a good reason to play through all of it, but some of trophies are so ridiculous. Like getting all of the Emblems. One of the Emblems actually requires you to kneel and not move for 2 hours. HOW IS THAT FUN!?

I'm a bit disappointed they removed the MGO part, I liked the multiplayer mode and it could have been fantastic if we actually got a few guys here to play with.

I remember when it first came out and it was me and 925 in a deathmatch, where we spent half an hour searching for each other, both using stealth and camo and me finally getting a kill by camoing on a rock that he walked past unaware. So awesome.

4 has been one of the exclusives I've meant to pick up but I'm not sure I can really be arsed with it. Maybe one day if I get the HD collection I can do a run through of 1-4 since I only ever made it to the tank on 1, never played 2 and only beat 3 on very easy.

4 has been one of the exclusives I've meant to pick up but I'm not sure I can really be arsed with it. Maybe one day if I get the HD collection I can do a run through of 1-4 since I only ever made it to the tank on 1, never played 2 and only beat 3 on very easy.

You never finished 1? I'm so sorry ({)