The England thread

That was utter cack like. Rashford and Rooney the obvious highlights. I didn't even know Wilshere was playing until his name came up to be subbed at the start of the second half. Barkley was terrible and has been off the boil for months really, needs to be cut from the squad.

15 hours ago, Just Joe said:

That was utter cack like. Rashford and Rooney the obvious highlights. I didn't even know Wilshere was playing until his name came up to be subbed at the start of the second half. Barkley was terrible and has been off the boil for months really, needs to be cut from the squad.

Cut from the squad entirely? Even an 'off the boil' Barkley is better than most English midfielders who are around these days.

4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Hart

Rose - Stones - Smalling - Clyne

Dier

Ali - Henderson

Rooney

Vardy - Kane

4-4-2 Diamond is what I'd play. I am frequently wrong about these things though.

We'd get cut through like soft cheese with that line-up I fear. Can't have Alli and Rooney in a four man midfield for me.

1 minute ago, brenchill said:

We have Chris Smalling as first choice CB. The standard isn't quite what it once was...

You can't use a centre half as an example as to why an attacking midfield player should be going. Yes Smalling isn't great but he's one of the best centre halves England have available currently. Alli has been far better than Barkley this season. I'd have Rooney, Alli and Milner ahead of Barkley for attacking midfield options currently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

You can't use a centre half as an example as to why an attacking midfield player should be going. Yes Smalling isn't great but he's one of the best centre halves England have available currently. Alli has been far better than Barkley this season. I'd have Rooney, Alli and Milner ahead of Barkley for attacking midfield options currently. 

It was just a joke.