The England thread

Pretty good squad all in all, I'm quite glad that Beckham's been dropped because it means we can try out people like Lennon and Wright-Phillips on the right for 90 minutes. The only person who isn't in the squad who I would have included is Scott Parker, I probably would swap him for Jenas.

Leicester and Aston Villa are the only good thing in the Midlands honestly. Somerset has Bristol which sucks, although wouldn't mind seeing Bristol City in the Championship :P

As for the England squad, I like it! I hope Beckham can make it back as a sub perhaps someday - if he improves his form. Nice to see Foster in the mix as he's been a very solid keeper.

Striker Dean Ashton is out of England's friendly against Greece at Old Trafford on Wednesday after breaking an ankle during training.

John Terry took part in training for the first time since being named captain but 22-year-old Ashton's withdrawal overshadowed the session.

The injury will also be a major setback to West Ham, with the Premiership starting on Saturday.

Ashton was set to start against Greece and make his England debut.

Not a great start luck-wise for McClaren. Can we bring someone in to replace him? I would have thought so seeing as it's just a friendly. Who's next in line, Beattie?

Edited by alldawson

It's time to recall Walcott. :shifty:

I wouldn't mind seeing Beattie back in the squad but it'll probably be his new strike partner Andy Johnson.

Is Vassell fit? I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the squad either.

Edited by The LBTN