The England thread

• Admin

I remember they had a really nice blue one once. But seeing them play in anything but Orange is just odd to me. Seeing as how our new kit has a lot of red trim, they could actually wear that black strip against us.

Seven players from the Premier League have been included in the Netherlands squad for next Wednesday's friendly against England at Wembley.

Tim Krul, Michel Vorm, Johnny Heitinga, Nigel de Jong, Rafael van der Vaart, Dirk Kuyt and Robin van Persie feature in the 24-man party.

Manager Bert van Marjiwk has called up uncapped FC Twente forward Ola John and Heerenveen winger Narsingh.

August's friendly between the two sides was called off after rioting in London.

Seven of Van Marjiwk's squad play in the Dutch league, four are based in Italy and four in Germany, while Stijn Schaars plays in Portugal and Joris Mathijsen in Spain.

Netherlands squad v England

Goalkeepers: Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Michel Vorm (Swansea City)

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Jeffrey Bruma (Hamburg SV), Johnny Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Malaga), Erik Pieters (PSV Eindhoven), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (AC Milan), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Stijn Schaars (Sporting), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Kevin Strootman (PSV Eindhoven), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV Eindhoven)

Forwards: Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Ola John (Twente Enschede), Luuk de Jong (Twente Enschede), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Luciano Narsingh (Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

I remember they had a really nice blue one once. But seeing them play in anything but Orange is just odd to me. Seeing as how our new kit has a lot of red trim, they could actually wear that black strip against us.

This one?

8304.jpg

Got one of them and one of these, Dutch tops are always nice, less a fan of the black one though.

national-teams-nike-holland-away-06-07.jpg

The plane! Everyone knows footballers get everywhere via plane, probably the same one. And the one that will take the England team to Poland & Ukraine (they probably won't get to see Poland) - but he should also be on that plane too.

Big Grant Holt for the Plane!

Edited by IAceI