The England thread

It'll be fun when Capello is blamed for England going out of the Euros because his resignation upset the players or something. I guess it's nice to have an excuse.

You can't knock Sven. I'd rather have him back than Redknapp.

Fuck appointing a "fall guy" to take us through the Euro's. I'd like to see some conviction from the FA and see them appoint the man they want to take us through to World Cup 2014 now instead of later.

This whole "The people want Redknapp" shit reminds me too much of Kevin Keegan's appointment. Sure, 'Arry's English and sure he's got character, but he's won absolutely fuck all at club level, barring one FA Cup.

Fuck appointing a "fall guy" to take us through the Euro's. I'd like to see some conviction from the FA and see them appoint the man they want to take us through to World Cup 2014 now instead of later.

This whole "The people want Redknapp" shit reminds me too much of Kevin Keegan's appointment. Sure, 'Arry's English and sure he's got character, but he's won absolutely fuck all at club level, barring one FA Cup.

By that logic we'll never have an English manager again, though.

Bring back McLaren.

• Like 1

Would that be so bad? At least going with foreign managers until there's an English manager whose actully won something bar one FA Cup. If Mourinho wants the job (or is willing to take £6-8Mill a year to take it) are we really going to go with Redknapp over him because he's English?

He's standing next to a black man, clearly he's too tolerant for the England squad of today.

• Like 2

Anyway, I think my defeat of Arsenal with Bristol Rovers qualifies me, and I'm Canadian, which is like a bastard English stepchild, so I could fake being English easily enough. SDM IN.

That led me to find this:

Which has a great comment posted to it:

Makes a solid point here though to be fair.
  • Like 2