The England thread

But 27 isn't too old, really. I mean, Baines is good for another 3-5 years, surely. I like the idea of just really building for the future and going with a really young team, though I'd definitely have Parker and maybe one other around the starting line up and a few more on the bench. But I really think the next manager should definitely establish an agenda for the future. Capello has started to phase out some of the older players, but the next manager definitely needs to go the next step.

Parker is the one "older" player I considered throwing in there if only for the lack of a similar player that's young. I considered Rodwell but I've not really seen enough of him. 27 isn't old but he's in his prime, ideally we want all our squad to be hitting their prime at the same time, which would be in 3-4 years time when Baines' pace is starting to go.

Parker is the one "older" player I considered throwing in there if only for the lack of a similar player that's young. I considered Rodwell but I've not really seen enough of him. 27 isn't old but he's in his prime, ideally we want all our squad to be hitting their prime at the same time, which would be in 3-4 years time when Baines' pace is starting to go.

I don't want the ENTIRE team ideally reaching their prime in 3-4 years time, because that means they'll all be nearly men by the World Cup in 2014. Plus I don't think a team of young guns works without at least a couple of older heads who've been there, done that.

Who knows where the squad will go from here, I mean we need to see who is going to manage them first.

I can see England and Redknapp pulling a deal where he continues with Spurs till the end of the season (taking temporary breaks for the one or two England friendlies inbetween) and take the job full time at the start of June.

Whether that's in any way sensible for anyone concerned is another matter entirely.

Was hoping we'd get one final tournament before onest arry and his one FA Cup takes over, but oh well.

Journalist on Five Live saying that the last four years have "been a nightmare", because Capello "couldn't communicate with the fans" - and I'm sure it had nothing to do with Capello treating the English press with the disdain they deserve. Also said he hopes Harry can take over and groom "Alan Shearer or somebody" for the job.

Can't wait.

Was hoping we'd get one final tournament before onest arry and his one FA Cup takes over, but oh well.

Journalist on Five Live saying that the last four years have "been a nightmare", because Capello "couldn't communicate with the fans" - and I'm sure it had nothing to do with Capello treating the English press with the disdain they deserve. Also said he hopes Harry can take over and groom "Alan Shearer or somebody" for the job.

Can't wait.

If things have gone like suggested, he has also treated the FA with the disdain they deserve. They went over his head, and basically did the whole 'guilty until proven innocent', against Capello's will. If he has stuck to his guns and left due to that, than fair play.

Brooking....the most boring man in football. He even went to my secondary school, and that is about as exciting as he gets for me.

Edited by Liam
  • Like 1

I think everyone has forgotten about Piers Morgan. He seems an expert on "soccer" so surely he could do a good job as England manager. <_<

• Like 3