The England thread

I just can't see the more senior, experienced players listening to him.

Then they shouldn't be played. Simple.

Edit: Summ beat me to it. But seriously, no player should ever be bigger than the manager.

I'd argue they are all bigger than him.

The majority of them have certainly achieved more than he has in the game.

Edit: Summ beat me to it. But seriously, no player should ever be bigger than the manager.

I guess we should play the Neville's, Shearer and Beckham then on that basis.

If they won't play for the manager, then they shouldn't be playing. As we saw with AVB, a team that won't play for the manager is useless. Besides, it will allow him to bring in new guys and fuck off Gerrard (who hasn't done anything worthwhile in ages from my POV), Lampard (who I would play, but he's getting on and I';d rather build to the world cup) and Terry (Who I would play with Cahill since they both play at Chelsea, but you could find someone else to slot in there. lescott or Jagielka, for example).

I await Danny Murphy and Carlton Cole as England regulars.

Why does nobody ever mention Blackburn when it comes to Roy Hodgson? He was not all that good there either. Brian Kidd seemed stuck with the blame on that one.

A bad World Cup aside, Capello had an excellent win ratio as England manager. I think he was worth a second shot at a tournament. But the FA mucked that up by going over his head with the John Terry thing. I don't care for the 'he didn't speak the language' excuse. He clearly did well enough in qualifying to communicate to his players what he wanted them to do. The language barrier only becomes a problem when the press get irked cause they can't get a get a good interview out if him and when he was sacked it became just a lame part of the 'Englishman for England' campaign.

I await Danny Murphy and Carlton Cole as England regulars.

Why does nobody ever mention Blackburn when it comes to Roy Hodgson? He was not all that good there either. Brian Kidd seemed stuck with the blame on that one.

A bad World Cup aside, Capello had an excellent win ratio as England manager. I think he was worth a second shot at a tournament. But the FA mucked that up by going over his head with the John Terry thing. I don't care for the 'he didn't speak the language' excuse. He clearly did well enough in qualifying to communicate to his players what he wanted them to do. The language barrier only becomes a problem when the press get irked cause they can't get a get a good interview out if him and when he was sacked it became just a lame part of the 'Englishman for England' campaign.

BUT WE DIDN'T DESTROY AMERICA! That, alone, is a sackable offence >_>.

Given the situation and Capellos seeming ignorance of there being a problem I can't see how the FA could have done anything but go over his head in the end. I'd have liked him to stay for the Euros, but he didn't.

I guess we should play the Neville's, Shearer and Beckham then on that basis.

If they won't play for the manager, then they shouldn't be playing. As we saw with AVB, a team that won't play for the manager is useless. Besides, it will allow him to bring in new guys and fuck off Gerrard (who hasn't done anything worthwhile in ages from my POV), Lampard (who I would play, but he's getting on and I';d rather build to the world cup) and Terry (Who I would play with Cahill since they both play at Chelsea, but you could find someone else to slot in there. lescott or Jagielka, for example).

Why would we play the Nevilles, Shearer and Beckham on the basis of the point I made? :mellow:

Shearer only has one medal.

No one mentioned medals silly. Did they teach English during your time at BRGS? :shifty:

That's the only thing he won really! And actually during year 8 our English teacher left after a week or so due to a breakdown )iirc) and we had shit supply teacher one after another. :shifty:

No one mentioned medals silly. Did they teach English during your time at BRGS? :shifty:

That's the only thing he won really! And actually during year 8 our English teacher left after a week or so due to a breakdown )iirc) and we had shit supply teacher one after another. :shifty:

Ditto! I thought he got a player of the year and a couple of top goalscorers?

Ditto! I thought he got a player of the year and a couple of top goalscorers?

Player of the Decade!

Yes but a player can score alot of goals and still be a nobody or fail in that season. See: Yabuku. :shifty:

But didn't Shearer win league top goal scorer? And probably plenty of POTY/TOTY plaudits. Ha, Yabuku >_>.

Roy looks lost in his introductory interview, haha. Lineker made some good points though that playing with a solid back 4 and 2 DM's might be a good idea. Especially against stronger opposition.

Any word on when we might get an idea of who Roy plans to take to the euro's? I'd assume it can't be too long since the tournament starts in a month and a bit >_>.

This is a terrible attitude to take and if the players take it then they can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Roy has been around the top levels of football for decades, John Terry and Frank Lampard will respect him if they are selected. I can't see why people like them or Rooney, Scott Parker would have anything but respect for him.

And Grant Holt deserves to be in the squad, this notion that because he doesn't play for one of the big fashionable teams therefore shouldn't go is total nonsense.

I expect the media and/or fans (mostly the media) will ruin the national team and manager again. They do it every single time without fail.